How much of the cars serial number was actually stamped on the engine block?  I took a short video and then made screenshots of the stamping on my block and it is kind of hard to make out.  What I can see is the 2255 and then maybe the 96 a bit off to the top right of that.  The numbers are very staggered...is that normal?

Eng_Block_Serial.png

Eng_Block_Serial2.png

Stang Life!

Stangs.jpg

The picture is too blurry to make out the number. The serial number is six digits and it looks like you have six. There also appears to be maybe a D3? before the serial number. These number were stamped in a very inconsistent way. Sometimes it was just the six digit serial number and in other cases I have seen the S/N with the assembly plan code and year prefix. Here are some examples...

Block_VINs.jpg

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

Mine was also hard to see so I cleaned it up a bit and applied some white paint in the recessed numbers to make them stand out a bit more.  Mine was 3F260846 - the 3F portion was stamped a little lighter so it is harder to see. It looks like each character was individually stamped.  This matches my dash VIN so that's good to know.

VIN_on_Block.jpg

Steve

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code C6 Auto

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code 4 Speed