rad support tag

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone help decipher this tag for me found on driver side rad support

VIN = 1972 F=Dearborn plant Q= 351C 4v 

76D = Convertible

03D = Buck date

06?? = rotation number

6C = Color - Medium Goldenrod (Only 89 verts build with CF interior)

AC = A/C

CF = Ginger interior

AM = AM/FM (yes not just AM)

??? = cant read this number below the AM. Looks like it might be BO = Black out (rockers)

PW = Power windows

QH = Quarter molding 

CHR = Chrome left side mirror

DE = Duel Exhuast

Nice car a Q code vert with a fairly rare color and PW (only 621 verts had it) and A/C options

Last edited by a moderator:
can someone help decipher this tag for me found on driver side rad support

VIN = 1972 F=Dearborn plant Q= 351C 4v 

76D = Convertible

03D = Buck date

06?? = rotation number

6C = Color - Medium Goldenrod (Only 89 verts build with CF interior)

AC = A/C

CF = Ginger interior

AM = AM/FM (yes not just AM)

??? = cant read this number below the AM. Looks like it might be BO = Black out (rockers)

PW = Power windows

QH = Quarter molding 

CHR = Chrome left side mirror

DE = Duel Exhuast

Nice car a Q code vert with a fairly rare color and PW (only 621 verts had it) and A/C options

thanks for the info
Roach,

I have a question for you. Does your car or did your car original have any of the following....

Rocker panel molding?

Wheel lip molding?

Lower Rocker panel blackout?

Body side tape stripe?

Do you have the Marti report, build sheet or original invoice for your car, which would identify some of the above options. There is a big question mark over what "QM" really means on our cars, so I would appreciate any additional info as it would help with my research.

Thanks

thanks for the info
Roach,

I have a question for you. Does your car or did your car original have any of the following....

Rocker panel molding?

Wheel lip molding?

Lower Rocker panel blackout?

Body side tape stripe?

Do you have the Marti report, build sheet or original invoice for your car, which would identify some of the above options. There is a big question mark over what "QM" really means on our cars, so I would appreciate any additional info as it would help with my research.

Thanks

i sent for a full marti report i havn't receive it all it does have one inch moulding 1/4 way up the door the full length of the car should have the full report soon i order it in feb

i sent for a full marti report i havn't receive it all it does have one inch moulding 1/4 way up the door the full length of the car should have the full report soon i order it in feb

The decor group on ur Marti report indicates black out on the lower body "BO" with the decor group molding "QM". The molding "QM" was deleted with the body side tape stripe decor option. 4spd vert with 4spd and nice options. Love to see a picture of the car.

Latest posts

Back