Side Decal Location Dimensions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikhead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C
I tried the search feature and couldn’t find anything. I’m looking to know the dimensions of the side decal strips and where they exactly go. We were able to find the rear ones and put those on, but don’t know where the side goes exactly. It’s for a 1973 Mach 1. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

I tried the search feature and couldn’t find anything. I’m looking to know the dimensions of the side decal strips and where they exactly go. We were able to find the rear ones and put those on, but don’t know where the side goes exactly. It’s for a 1973 Mach 1. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks
 There will possibly be specific dimension details here but you can just go by eye.  Assume you are using a decal kit ?  Find some good car images to follow.

The front part lines up around the side marker light.  Rear MACH 1 section sits just above the crease line of the lower door panel - maybe 5/8" approx ?

Middle sections are now a direct line from these two points.  I saw a good Youtube on this but can't tell you where I found it.   I got a commercial signwriter company to fit mine as I don't trust myself to not stuff it up.  Yes, they charged me ( like 2 1/2 hours work in total ) but they had all the gear and just followed the Mustang Monthly article of the same car.

It's a challenge for sure.  Others here will provide further info.

Makes all the difference to a car that just looks right when it's done.

Good work.

PKJ

Ok here are the pictures of the 73 Mach 1 decals that I have. Original car factory applied decals.

When you do put yours on follow the instructions to the letter. Do use the water and soap mixture to allow you to work with them. Also do not try to do outside or where wind or fan might blow the decal and stick it out of place.

You can see that Ford painted flat black around the front side marker lights before applying the decal and also the frame on the light. Every original 73 I have ever seen was done this way. Argent if stripe argent.

I took these pics for another member who reported back that all the decals are incorrect that are offered and they have no desire to make them correct. This car in in the Mustang Owner's Museum now so I cannot get additional info or pics.

Back