Dodged a bullet on Saturday night

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Saturday afternoon they issued tornado warnings for all around where I live. I am just about 1/2 mile from the French Broad River that attracts lots of weather. 

Can't get pics off phone for some reason will have to figure out. 

Right behind my garage stood a huge white pine that I always feared would fall from my neighbors land onto the garage. It was twisted off at the stump and luckily blown the opposite direction. Just above that another monster Hickory tree and a Red Oak were uprooted. 

Of course the power went out and while sitting in living room with candles lit the blue lights start showing up outside. They blocked off the road on both ends with power lines lying across the road. 

I heat with wood and next morning was nice and warm so I went to pull the generator out and get it hooked up to keep fridg and freezer going. 

Walked up the road and more monster trees all over the place down. I went to get gas and just down the road there was nothing, no limbs or trash in the road not trees down. Was just in about a 1/2 mile path that did head into town taking lots of power out.

I am one of those people that does not do insurance. I have zero on home or garage. 

So since I heat with wood will check with neighbors about loading up what I can see from house would do me several years. 

I got some pictures. You can see the corner of garage and the tree behind it. 

I never saw the weather so do not know the official stance. Probably some kind of wind shear. Some of the trees were twisted off some blown over and they all did not go the same way so some kind of twisting was involved. 

The garage had zero damage so must be pretty good build.

free website to upload photos

I ordered a wood splitter today 28 ton vertical or horizontal. Watched video on youtube and it will split anything you put under it and reviewed reviews and sent the order in. Free shipping on sales taxes and three year warranty with a B&S engine not Chinese, lol. I have got 5 loads of the hickory moved but no way going to load the cuts 20" long over 3' in diameter will split on site to load. It is looking like 3 or 4 year supply of wood for free. Some people pay to go to spa I just work my ass off, lol. My old body is about worn out. I have always split by hand and could do a years supply in about 3 days by hand. 

I soak in the tub each night with a tall whiskey to kill the pain. 

Getting behind on the 72 Q code vert with all this house work. I wanted to have it on road by August so I could do the hill climb on the Dragons Tail but might not make it.

I will post a pic of all the wood when split and stacked. Have to go get some free pallets to keep off the ground.

BTW I found a snake behind the garage. I killed three the week before Thanksgiving. Global warming is here to stay.

Back