A friend is working on his car, I want to show you one of the modif he is doing. Don't know if someone made it here already ?

Modification barre arrière Jack Daniels.jpg

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll

Looks like a sort of Watts link. Is the center piece welded to the housing? Do you have space for the exhaust pipe?

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

The position of the bellcrank is where it should be at the center of the suspension travel, not at full droop.

A well designed watts linkage should be as low as possible to reduce the roll center height.

Tony already hit on another drawback of watts linkages, hard to find a place for the exhaust pipes.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

That is a question I asked him about the exaust pipes. He doesn't know yet where they will be, but for sure not where they were.

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll

• 2 weeks later...

I do not see how that would help and how would it even do anything. Depending on which way it pivots either spreads the frame or pulls together. Not like a panhard bar to just keep it centered. If you are doing things like that the exhaust should not be a concern. It will be out the side in front of the tires never out the back. Looks like someone like I have stated before building a car for 1% of their use and kill 99% or your ride. 

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David