My 1973 Mach 1 will be part of insided display at 2021 Ford Nationals @ Carlisle Penn.

• Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs changed the title to My 1973 Mach 1 will be part of insided display at 2021 Ford Nationals @ Carlisle Penn.

That's a nice honor and recognition.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Congratulations. Very, very cool. 

Man, I really dig that vinyl top. 

Lazarus

9-C51-EEB4-A25-A-4-F27-8-D01-0-EB879931296.jpg

David, 

I am happy for you, that's a great honor! Nice to see you drivin in that video from MOM in your car! I like the original appearance and stance of it! Your brown 3/4 vinyl top is something very special. Mine was black and will be black again :thumb:

Hope you will be good soon, take care of your heatlth! This year you have the age of the birthday year of our Mustangs - take care :beer:

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Congratulations David! That's a real cool honor. 

That may be a great road trip since it looks like Power Tour will be a NoGo again this year. 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Ok got to get an enclosed trailer. Do you guys have a list to stay away from. Thinking 25' X 8' 6" with 3,500 lb. axles. used ones are as much as new here. Got to spend the retirement before i die.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

David,

Congrats on the honor of displaying your Mach 1, I will be looking forward to seeing it for sure....

Thanks,Jay

Congrats on the good news.  You and your car are ambassador's for our cars.  Make a  good showing and show the other year Mustang lovers what they are missing out on. :biggrin:

As far as a trailer,  if you are just wanting something enclosed to hall the car from point A to point B a 8.5 x 20 with 3500 axles would work fine.  If you want room to pack gear and a few tools I would go with a 22 to 25'.  Have to remember that if you load your car properly over the axles a longer trailer will have more "wasted" space up front unless you utilize it for storage or tools etc.    If you are going to order it I would also get extra D rings and for a few extra bucks you can get some E track tie downs if it doesn't come with any.  I would also opt for a 110v hook up and a few extra interior lights.  

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Congratulations—sure wish I could be part of the meet-up.  Unfortunately if I am able to travel I have lots of other things I have to make up for lost time with.  Mostly seeing my aging parents.  Enjoy the show, sounds like a fantastic car to represent our hobby.

spacer.png
1931 Ford Model A Station Wagon
1969 Mach 1 - 351C, TKO-600, 4WDB, R&P, A/C, Shaker, Fold Down, etc.
1972 Mach 1 - 351C, FMX, PDB, PS, A/C, Fold Down, Console
1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible - 10psi Procharger, 436rwhp

I had gone to the shop and measured out the layout of trailer around the car. Yes a 24' is way too big. So I am going with 8.5' X 20' which gives about a foot in the back and 3' in the front. There is a mfg. in Chatsworth Ga. Max Built that has them for $5.095 so looks like the best deal in my area.
I am decent doing wiring so I will just add the 110 volt hook up here.
My poor old truck has 306,000 miles on it might go to the insurance lot and see what is coming up for auction. I have a cousin that has had a towing business for many years. The last time I had him pick up a car on roll back I asked why he did not have diesel rigs. He said he had in past and that the cost to maintain and fuel made them not cost effective for a vehicle that did not do long runs. So he only buys gas roll backs. If doing long runs all the time then diesel comes out ahead.

Maybe Dr. will call today to get surgery scheduled.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Congrats David. I would love to have the chance of driving my Mustang all the way up there. I should try this year.

Worst case, if you don't want to spend on a new one you can always rent one from Uhaul or others. They are typically cheap to rent.

Edit: I am actually realizing that this would be just before the Hot Rod Power Tour. I am already planning on the HRPT so maybe I can attend these back to back.

Edited by tony-muscle
  • Like 2

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

If anyone else interested in putting your 71 - 73 mustang in the Carlisle Ford show in June they just posted this on Facebook today. They are still looking for cars for the inside display for the 50th. ann of the 1971 model.

We're still looking for 1971-1973 Mustangs for the 50th Anniversary Display at 2021! If you're interested, submit the quick online application at CarlisleFeatures.com 📲 And if the display doesn't interest you, Showfield registration is 10% off up until May 3rd at https://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

David