Black deluxe door panels with speaker cutouts ($175) NOT MINE

If I didn't already have a spare set I might jump on these (wish they were white and I would).

https://billings.craigslist.org/pts/d/billings-for-sale-mustang-mach-door/7312966525.html

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1972 Mexican GT-351

1988 Bronco II

Totally depends on the condition of the cardboard on the back.

kcmash

Not sure what to make of the ad.  I called the number and got the answering machine for some kind of dinosaur exhibit.  Left a message, guess we'll see.

---

Mike

10 hours ago, Horsin' Around said:

Probably still end up at 300.00 with shipping. Are used OEM better than new Reproduction panels?

I don't think they would be that expensive to ship. 

It really depends on condition of the used panels and the quality of the reproduction.  These have the bright strips, door grips and trim panels, so that's a plus over some repros.

• Thanks 1

---

Mike

13 hours ago, Horsin' Around said:

Probably still end up at 300.00 with shipping. Are used OEM better than new Reproduction panels?

YES, YES and to be clear YES

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, OMS said:

YES, YES and to be clear YES

That lesson took me many years to learn, but there's a lot of truth in that statement. Nowadays I just bite the bullet and go with NOS or used wherever I can.

Plain Jane | 1971 F Code Coupe 302/C4 Automatic

Goin' to Town Rig | 1971 F100 Ranger XLT LWB 390FE/C6 Automatic

Commuter | 2018 Tesla Model 3 Midrange RWD

I'll know how good they are in a week or so.  The story on them is that the seller bought them from a body shop that was going out of business and never used them.  He claims they aren't warped and that all of the clip pockets are still in good shape.  $235 total shipped. 

• Like 1

---

Mike

Thats a good buy Mike :-)   Wish mine were black.......... I would have jumped and bought them.   So to be clear Yes,Yes, and yes as quoted from Don.   :-)  :thumb:

Edited by machattack

I posted some but not sure of differences. Look in the for sale section here in the forums. They were for power windows though. Glad you

Someone scored them.

7 minutes ago, MikeGriese said:

now if I can just find an NOS pair of rear interior quarters for a '71 convertible...

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1972 Mexican GT-351

1988 Bronco II

That’s great price shipped.  Factory is way better than those aftermarket. 

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

1 hour ago, cwalker509 said:

I posted some but not sure of differences. Look in the for sale section here in the forums. They were for power windows though. Glad you

Someone scored them.

Those are later than '71.  The early cars didn't have rear seatbelt retractors.

---

Mike

7 hours ago, MikeGriese said:

now if I can just find an NOS pair of rear interior quarters for a '71 convertible...

Took me three years to find a near NOS set of 71 vert rear interior quarters and yes, they do not have the seat belt retractor cut outs and because my car did not have the interior upgrade (maybe referred to as the convenience option package, can’t recall right now); no passenger side ashtray either. The only downside is that they are a beautiful vermillion, and I have a white interior. I will have to repaint them one day. These specific interior panels are near extinct in very good condition today and the aftermarket is junk in my experience. If you find a pair, price may not need to be a consideration... Again, I was fortunate in this regard, I won this pair on ehay.... $200 including shipping North of the Border! But don’t worry, I have overpaid for far too many parts these last few years... so the odd “score” is a nice change. Good luck in your search.

• Like 1

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

I found a pair of very nice black back panels from a '71 Cougar, just a little faded LOL! Ash tray on both sides...

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

8 hours ago, 7173Vert said:

Took me three years to find a near NOS set of 71 vert rear interior quarters and yes, they do not have the seat belt retractor cut outs and because my car did not have the interior upgrade (maybe referred to as the convenience option package, can’t recall right now); no passenger side ashtray either. The only downside is that they are a beautiful vermillion, and I have a white interior. I will have to repaint them one day. These specific interior panels are near extinct in very good condition today and the aftermarket is junk in my experience. If you find a pair, price may not need to be a consideration... Again, I was fortunate in this regard, I won this pair on ehay.... $200 including shipping North of the Border! But don’t worry, I have overpaid for far too many parts these last few years... so the odd “score” is a nice change. Good luck in your search.

I'd pay $200 a side in a heartbeat.

My interior is white too.  For now.  If I can't find white, I'm building a black interior until I can find white panels.  I have heard that Just Dashes does a good job of repairing the quarters.  I need to get the dash pad redone so I will have them take a crack at the panels at the same time. 

• Like 1

---

Mike

But who buys the black ones on the top now? Condition and price is awesome! I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if I were in need! Great find :thumb:

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

The panels arrived yesterday and I got them unpacked this morning.  They look really good and they look really different from the backside.  I have attached photos from 3 different panels I have on hand.  The white finished panel is an OEM panel that has been recovered about 15 years ago or so.  It has the original molded fiberboard core, with metal reinforcements at the dew wipe and top of the grip - and perforations for speaker grille and power window switch and a few other places I don't recognize.  The black set is like nothing I have seen before.  It is molded plastic with riveted reinforcements at the mounting clip holes and a riveted box section at the rear to provide a place for the clips.  The dew wipe is screwed on instead of being riveted or stapled.  The unfinished white panel is a supposedly NOS part.  It is molded plastic as well, but a different kind of plastic.  The vinyl for the door grip has no been cut away yet, and no holes or markings have been made for window cranks/window switch or speaker opening.  I can't really tell if this is a real Ford part, but the way the openings are made for the clips matches the older OEM panel, so that leads me to believe that it is.  Thoughts?

20210504_114523.jpg

20210504_114532.jpg

20210504_114548.jpg

20210504_114605.jpg

20210504_114610.jpg

20210504_114616.jpg

20210504_114623.jpg

20210504_114631.jpg

20210504_114640.jpg

20210504_114652.jpg

20210504_114715.jpg

20210504_114728.jpg

20210504_114754.jpg

20210504_114807.jpg

20210504_115204.jpg

20210504_115209.jpg

20210504_115213.jpg

20210504_115231.jpg

20210504_115236.jpg

20210504_115239.jpg

---

Mike

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2021 at 10:56 AM, MikeGriese said:

I'd pay $200 a side in a heartbeat.

My interior is white too.  For now.  If I can't find white, I'm building a black interior until I can find white panels.  I have heard that Just Dashes does a good job of repairing the quarters.  I need to get the dash pad redone so I will have them take a crack at the panels at the same time. 

I recently saw an ad on Craigslist for a pair of white deluxe door panels and rear interior panels for a convertible. They were supposedly removed from a car 40 years ago and stored inside since. I don't remember which Craigslist, I was using Search Tempest. 

Found it:

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/pts/d/mustang-convertible-door-panels-side/7302960354.html

Edited by detritusmaximus

You are welcome...I thought about buying them, but my car had the standard white door panels. ..and I have no need for the rear panels or the rear seat.