Recovered seats are almost done

Nice! And good representation of the interior 👍 That almost looks like genuine Comfortweave…is it so?

3 hours ago, RC92234 said:

Nice! And good representation of the interior 👍 That almost looks like genuine Comfortweave…is it so?

Its close to the comfortweave, but not quite. But at the end of the day its likely as close as I will be able to get since I dont think many(if any) places seem to make the original comfortweave anymore. And its close enough that I dont think anyone would notice the difference between the front and back seats. 

20210217_214823.jpg

• Like 1

Looks AWESOME!! :beer:

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

Posted (edited)

Oh wow! Fantastic!
The extra mile to make them look as originals is so much more kickin than just simply replace parts by beter ones even if they look good as Recaro's usually do!

Dunno if it's me getting heavier (actually I know! ), but since I drive again, I never missed the sidewards support as much as I do now.
These will really upgrade your driving experience! I'm a tad jealous! :D

Edited by Fabrice
  • Like 1

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Ya I want to make the car handle really well and have been working towards that, so seats that actually keep you in place around that corner make a big difference. Plus I loved the Recaros I had in my 82 GT, so when I found them I knew exactly what I wanted to do. In the end I probably could have gotten a nice set of Corbeau's for around the same price, but they wouldnt look the way these will. Im going for the restomod kinda vibe so this fits it much better in my opinion. I will share more pics once they are done and I get them in the car. 

12 hours ago, MKSpeedlab said:

Its close to the comfortweave, but not quite. But at the end of the day its likely as close as I will be able to get since I dont think many(if any) places seem to make the original comfortweave anymore. And its close enough that I dont think anyone would notice the difference between the front and back seats. 

20210217_214823.jpg

In any case... it's fantastic!

Great job. They look like they belong there.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Man!! Those look really nice!!!

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

Nice job! They look great! Ryan

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

12 hours ago, Kilgon said:

Very very nice.  I really like the way they fit the car.  What year fox body did they come out of?

These ones were out of a 79 Pace Car that was getting parted out. I also had the same ones in my 82 GT. 

Looks great, well done. Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

Those look great! Very nice... 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

• 2 weeks later...

The seats look similar to the SVO seats with inflatable lumbar and the pull out support in front of seat. Also can adjust the width on small of back. Recaro made them for Ford I think. I have an 85 SVO with the leather seats.
Did you find some original comfort weave material? If so where SMS is out of white that I need.
Looks great and for sure more comfortable. I am going to check into an auto upholstery course at our local Tech College today. I took before but rusty and need to practice some.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

3 hours ago, Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs said:

The seats look similar to the SVO seats with inflatable lumbar and the pull out support in front of seat. Also can adjust the width on small of back. Recaro made them for Ford I think. I have an 85 SVO with the leather seats.
Did you find some original comfort weave material? If so where SMS is out of white that I need.
Looks great and for sure more comfortable. I am going to check into an auto upholstery course at our local Tech College today. I took before but rusty and need to practice some.

Unfortunately I couldnt find the original comfortweave. I think in the 5th post I shared a pic which shows the difference between the original and what I was able to get through SMS. Its definately a little different, but its close enough that I dont think many people would notice unless I mentioned it. And they are definately more comfortable and supportive. Everyone seems to love them, and the pull out thigh support seems to get a lot of people talking at car shows. "Its for tall people" was something I heard a bunch over this past weekend at a show. Heres a pic with me parked next to my friends '21 Mach 1. Now we both have Recaros and sequential tail lights lol. 

229571412_10159427455578491_2580781050359958361_n.jpg

• Like 1