This is why you check everything!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIBS

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sprint Tribute 302 C4 Convertible
When you buy a 50 year old car …..

Power top wiring, this was under 3 ft of electrical tape wrap. I can fix it easy enough but wow.

FD114536-8C15-498D-983C-83543E8E7AFD.jpeg

C50899BF-0788-4648-AB82-FBC23D0005B3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sh!t like that that keeps me in business.  At least it didn't have wire nuts.

It's sh!t like that that keeps me in business.  At least it didn't have wire nuts.
Hahahaha, when I bought the car the Distributor Primary wire was spliced together with a wire nut.  I bought a new one for something like $7. There’s all sorts of craziness under the dash…..

It drives me nuts when people don't take the time to twist multi-strand wires before they connect them together.  Seriously, how much longer would it have taken to make a decent looking connection.  That's just shoddy workmanship.  /S  :classic_tongue:

Hahahaha, when I bought the car the Distributor Primary wire was spliced together with a wire nut.  I bought a new one for something like $7. There’s all sorts of craziness under the dash…..
You bought a new wire nut for $7?  Shoot, I could have saved you $2 if you had contacted me.

You bought a new wire nut for $7?  Shoot, I could have saved you $2 if you had contacted me.
Hahahahaha…the English language is so much fun!  And it’s my first Language!  I bought a new primary wire, not a new wire nut. LOL. You got me!

and I will fix that wire by soldering and heat shrinking each wire, then the pair as a set.  It’s the convertible power line and was spliced under scuff plate.  

The entire rear harness was spliced there too, with crimp connectors that pulled apart with little force. Interestingly, the plugs and bundles could not be slid out as routed, so I had to pull them apart. (Car is about to get s some serious welding, followed by new wiring.) this is the 71 car with 73 wiring spliced in after a fire we discussed a few months back.

Back