license plates

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valhallo

Reaction score
My Car
73' Grande
Got the plates that I'll put on the stang once its ready to drive around town. I thought it might be kinda cool to have the original issues on there.

IMAG0020.jpg

Since most of us dont have the original plates, is there a way to search for the original ones?
Try ebay, them might have some on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
A freind at work bought a stack of them off E-bay (20 for like $5)and gave me 2 1973 Carolina plates with consecutive numbers for my 2 cars. Thought that was great of him.

DSCN1170.JPG

I was never able to find the exact originals that were on my car, but I got these off eBay.

NOT in Tn :mad:
Are you sure about that Roy. I read something recently that said Tn could use old plates...I was looking up that info for my mom's old car in Tn. I'll see if I can relocate it for you. Seems like it was the Tn DMV site.

Yeah, I looked again and didn't see it...I thought I had read it was possible just as plain as day for TN to allow old tags. Sorry to get your hopes up. You could always ask you congressman to sponsor a bill in the next session...that's what they're there for. Rofl

http://www.tn.gov/revenue/forms/titlereg/f1312901Fill-in.pdf Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but seems like some restrictions on it. Scroll to bottom for Vintage plate info
Robert, That's it!!! That's what I saw that said TN said could use the old plates. Good job finding that. I forgot I saw it on a form...was looking all over the DMV web page with no luck.

Back