Boss 351 on Evilbay $12,500

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-1971-Boss-351-Mustang-/150758551071?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2319e8ee1f

So - what's the motor look like? :huh:

Quote:

know its not in the best condition but it is worth fixing up. The car does come with a 351 Cleveland (No pictures for it sorry forgot) that was rebuilt but needs some work again because the weather got the best of it. The car has been sitting for about 2 years and had 2 possums living in it. They are no longer there. Mostly everything is in the car that it needs such as seats and all the interior stuff. It has a ton of misc. items in it that may be for the car or may not be I am not sure.

You can't make this stuff up guys :rolleyes:

71 Mach1 for sale also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-1971-Ford-Mustang-mach-1-/250992484962?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a70516262

THIS IS A FULLY RESTORED 2-DR 1971 FORD MUSTANG MACH 1. IT IS A VERY CLEAN CAR. IT IS EQUIPPED WITH NEW BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR, A 351 CLEVELAND, 4 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, 4 BARREL CARB, DUAL EXHAUST AND RADIAL TIRES. THIS CAR RUNS AND DRIVES LIKE NEW. IT WOULD BE A GREAT INVESTMENT FOR ANY CAR ENTHUSIAST.

Note it has the really RARE four speed automatic??????????????

I doubt it's an AOD. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes! I have never seen rear quarters rust behind the side glass.
Ditto, pretty bad roof rust sad to see it on a CA car.

Possums GONE? probably died of rust poison.
LOL!!:rofl: I'm sure you are absolutely correct.

The current bid of $2025 may be very close to appropriate, as well as the quoted 999,999 estimated miles. If he gets anything close to $12,500, my retirement will take place much sooner than anticipated.... :)

Doc

Possums GONE? probably died of rust poison.
LOL!!:rofl: I'm sure you are absolutely correct.

The current bid of $2025 may be very close to appropriate, as well as the quoted 999,999 estimated miles. If he gets anything close to $12,500, my retirement will take place much sooner than anticipated.... :)

Doc
Doc.... Possums are resourceful. They didnt consider it to be "shelter" any longer

wow and i though that the Canadian cars rusted out, what a piece of crap.

its not even a good parts car

Nope No WAY NO HOW AM I fixing doing another major rust repair As I have said numerous times I have had my fill ! Let some other SUCKER fix that baby!

I'm taking my 12,500 & putting that towards a BRAND SPANKING NEW 67-68 Dynacorn body. If you want a boss that bad take your 12,500.00 Find a clean fast back & make a clone. Or better yet Take your 12,500.00 & put that down on a brand new spanking one.

I would put "1F02R168043" into a blacklist of potential cars to buy if I am ever in the market for a Boss (not that that will ever actually happen). It does bring up the question of re-vinning.

~How much is the VIN paperwork worth for a Boss?

~If a nice 71 fastback and re-badged correctly, and all of the right parts are found to make it a Boss, is it a Boss?

While it certainly would not be cheap to do, if one had a real nice 71, it would be much easier and cost effective to move the vin and find the right parts than it would to restore that former possum hotel.

Is it right? If done right, does it matter? I have no answers.

He probablly ate the possums! But those possums had good taste, they know a great muscle car when they see one.

Someone will probably buy it for the VIN and make their own Boss 351.

Back