Glad to be here

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe Hard Top w/ 69,000 original miles.
Bright Red w/ Black Interior
Standard 6 cylinder 250 CI 1V
3 speed Manual Tranny
This Mustang has been in my family since my dad purchased it for my Mom in 72 form the local Ford dealership in Ft Collins, CO. My dad had it painted once (same as original) and had the dash pad replaced. other then that it is all original. I am in a quandry as to whether I want to keep it original or upgrade the engine and tranny. Just don't know yet. A nice powerful Mustang sounds really tempting.
I have a 72 bright red Mustang that has been in my family since my dad purchased it for my mom off the lot in 72. It only has the original 250 (69,000 original miles) and 3 speed manual tranny. My dad had it painted once (original bright red) and had the dash pad replaced. It is fun to drive, but I am still unsure if I want to upgrade the engine and tranny.

As requested a couple more photos.

72 Stang Right (2).jpg

72 Stang Interior.jpg

72 Stang Engine (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice car,do what makes you happy,have fun drive it enjoy it thats what its all about haveing fun !!!!

I have a 72 bright red Mustang that has been in my family since my dad purchased it for my mom off the lot in 72. It only has the original 250 (69,000 original miles) and 3 speed manual tranny. My dad had it painted once (original bright red) and had the dash pad replaced. It is fun to drive, but I am still unsure if I want to upgrade the engine and tranny.
Thats one nice cream puff beauty you got there {thumbs up} I wouldnt change a thing on it!!..lol...Not many 250's left....but it is your car..And we will support what ever you wanna do:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! Love the originality of your car and the story behind it.

Do you have any more pics of under the hood and interior?

Welcome from Norcal..it's your car brother, do with it what you please! I would give a little free useless advice, if you decide to yank the motor and trans for something bigger, make sure that you keep the original powerplant set aside somewhere out of the weather. There may come a day when you want to put it back to OE.

Welcome.

It's your car ... but - wow, the history, the originality ...

My thought is if you want to change by all means keep everything original off the car for a latter date and don't do any irreversible changes.

Maybe find another 250 and do a sweet Clifford 6=8 type build.

It's a very nice car and the history makes it that much nicer.

Welcome.

Welcome from West Michigan. That's a great car with some real good history.

Like others have said do what YOU like, some of us are modifiers, some of us are restorers, all of us are fans of cool cars.

Welcome to the site from Virginia! My 73 Convertible still has the original 250 six cylinder in it too. Mine is an automatic though. I've been tempted to switch out the engine to a 351 or 302 many times over the years (I've owned it since 1974), but have kept the original 6 cyl. It's easy to work on and great for cruising. But as the others have said make it what you want it. More pics would be great.

Welcome to the site from Virginia! My 73 Convertible still has the original 250 six cylinder in it too. Mine is an automatic though. I've been tempted to switch out the engine to a 351 or 302 many times over the years (I've owned it since 1974), but have kept the original 6 cyl. It's easy to work on and great for cruising. But as the others have said make it what you want it. More pics would be great.
Mike, you guys could put your cars together and make a V-12! How cool!

And barkeep, the next round is on Steve! rofl Although a V-12 would be about the coolest.

I LOVE my Cleveland, but three deuces on a six pack stirs the loins... :)

Thanks for all the welcome and all the input. Like I said I still don't know what I want to do. I'll just keep driving it as is and make small fixes here and there when needed. I posted some pic of interior and under the hood. I look forward to keeping in touch with qquestions and what not.

Brandon

And barkeep, the next round is on Steve! rofl Although a V-12 would be about the coolest.

I LOVE my Cleveland, but three deuces on a six pack stirs the loins... :)
lollerz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back