72 mach1 H code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang convertible
1974 Z28 camaro
1963 chevy C10
1999 F150 lariat 4X4
Was driving back from a show last night and spotted a mustang at a local detail shop. I know the shop and also know they don't care about fords (mexicans in my area seem to like big chevys and buzz boxes). Anyway I stopped and checked it out as best I could. According to VIN she is a 72 H code mach1, white with black stripe kit, blue interior. The car looked very straight and I did not see any rust but it was pretty dark, the seats were there but not bolted in so I could see the floor pan and no rust present. I would love to have this car but present circumstances prevent me from dealing, but if someone is interested I would be more than willing to take pics and negotiate with them.72 mach1.JPG72 mach1.2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
get some info and pics
Looked the car over and talked to the guy. Only rust I found was under battery tray, inner front fender under battery.

Pros...strait, #matching rebuilt 351c to original specs, trans has been changed but it's rebuilt as well, no miles on rebuild, VIN indicates true 72 mach1 sportroof with 351c, strait car, all there except drive line.

cons...floor pans and trunk pan have been replaced but looks like done right, interior bad but all there except carpet.

I looked under and saw no rust on frame rails, or inner rockers. The kid is wanting $3500 for it.

Anyone want this one?

Wish I was either getting started or wasn't so far along in mine. I'd snap it up for that in a flash.

Back