Meet and Greet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t.klapperich

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Gold Glow,351 Q code w/ 4 speed toploader, 3.70 gears. Freshly built to Boss 351 Specs and a little extra !!!! It all specs to 415 H.P. Only 62,000 orig. miles. 175 on new motor !!
After reading one of the posts here about how one of our members met up with another member and his wife for lunch, I was wondering :idea:how many of you would be interested in finding a relatively close spot to have a Meet and Greet.:) If I get enough interested members I would be happy to arrange for a city park or state park area to meet. I live in Northern Illinois, very close to the Wisconsin border. I know this will not be convienient for everyone since we have members all over the U.S. and farther, but this could be done in any region and I would suggest others to do the same!!:). This would be something that we could do sometime next summer or fall !! :cool: Give me a Yay or Nay when you get the chance::welcome::

That is a good idea. The big Fall Ford swap meet in Columbus, Ohio is coming up. It is worth seeing and would be a good place for some of us to meet. It is usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. There is also a big antique market there at the same time if you go on Saturday.

I am going to watch this for a while and see where all the interested members are from, then come up with somewhere near the middle so no one has a really long drive. Although, some of us might like to get a good days drive in:D. I know I do.:cool:

I am going to watch this for a while and see where all the interested members are from, then come up with somewhere near the middle so no one has a really long drive. Although, some of us might like to get a good days drive in:D. I know I do.:cool:
Its a coincidence I was almost going to post this same thing yesterday. I think it would be cool to get together at a regional event.

Maybe a different event for the southeast-northeast-west coast-central etc.

How about mustang week 2013 in South Carolina for the southeast

well 3 members (including myself) met at a car show here in san diego a few weeks ago....seeing as how of course this board has members from all over the country I guess that's as close as we'll probably get over here

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be cool to have a bunch of members meet at something like Woodward dream cruise, you never see a group of our cars together and that would be a perfect place to show them off.
Thats kind of my point.:sleepy: Not only would I like to meet many of you with the same car interest, buy every show I have ever been to has my 73 and possibly one or two other 71-73's. Most of the time it is just me.:p I went to a Mustang and Ford show at Volo auto this summer and there were more Capri's than there were 71 to 73's !!!:mad: Oh, there were plenty of 65-66's!!!:dodgy:

I'm game to meet up somewhere at an event or otherwise. They have several real nice shows or events in the southern Michigan, northern Illinois, Indiana and Ohio area. We should pick somewhere and put it on the calendar. There is a well known car museum near Kalamazoo, MI that has some tremendous shows and opens their "barns" during the events. (http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org)

I've never been to Woodward either.

Who has some other suggestions?

I'm right on the WI-IL boarder as well (wisconsin side) and we should have some sort of midwest meet sometime. Even if it's not at a car show we could meet up some where and just hang out.

I'm game to meet up somewhere at an event or otherwise. They have several real nice shows or events in the southern Michigan, northern Illinois, Indiana and Ohio area. We should pick somewhere and put it on the calendar. There is a well known car museum near Kalamazoo, MI that has some tremendous shows and opens their "barns" during the events. (http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org)

I've never been to Woodward either.

Who has some other suggestions?
The Gilmore museum is great. I went there this past June for the vintage motorcycle event. What a fine facility.

I'm right on the WI-IL boarder as well (wisconsin side) and we should have some sort of midwest meet sometime. Even if it's not at a car show we could meet up some where and just hang out.
Thats what I am looking for. I'm not interested in having a show, more of a meeting of members in the area and hang out. Maybe bring some snacks, or desserts. Just hangout and meet others with the same interests.:) Share some ideas, even horror stories of our builds. If people stop by to look at our cool rides, thats alright too !!:D

How far would you guys be willing to travel? Some don't like the long rides while others don't mind. Do we look for a 2-3 hour drive max. ??? or would some of you be O.K. with a longer ride?? If we do a midwest thing, we would be looking at Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Michigan, Indiana?????????????? Am I forgetting anything:s??? Some of the farther North, South East and West parts of these states may want to look for another meet closer to them as their ride would be pretty far.

I'm just throwing things out there, feel free to add you ideas.:)

That sounds like a good plan too. I have family and friends in the Chicago, southern Wisconsin area.

I would be good with a 3-5 hour drive. I am assuming we are looking at next spring / summer.

Actually Jeff I was going to suggest a mid-January meet...:p

I would be fine with 2-3 hour drive, but I can't promise it will be in my Mustang.

I WOULD BE IN FOR SOMETHING IN NORTHERN IL. WAS A VOLO SHOW BUT DIDNT HAVE 72 MACH. I TOOK MY 64 1/2 RAGTOP LETS DO THIS HOW ABOUT DOG & SUDS IN INGELSIDE IL. GOOD SHOW ON SAT NITE.

What's wrong with mid January? We'll be out in the cars here....
Ha, Ha, Ha !!:p Mid January would be perfect.......................For your region !!!!:cool:

That sounds like a good plan too. I have family and friends in the Chicago, southern Wisconsin area.

I would be good with a 3-5 hour drive. I am assuming we are looking at next spring / summer.
Yes, I am thinking next spring/summer. Give members a chance to respond and see were everyone would be coming from. And have time to set it up.

I WOULD BE IN FOR SOMETHING IN NORTHERN IL. WAS A VOLO SHOW BUT DIDNT HAVE 72 MACH. I TOOK MY 64 1/2 RAGTOP LETS DO THIS HOW ABOUT DOG & SUDS IN INGELSIDE IL. GOOD SHOW ON SAT NITE.
Iv'e been to the Dog & Suds show. Great show but that place is a zoo !!:dodgy: They really pack the cars in. I like going there but not with my car, it's to busy there IMHO. Lets see where everyone is coming from and then look into a place.

If any you are ever in Sydney, I'd be happy to have you over for a visit:) A short one though as I need to make sure all my valuables stay where they are and the longer you are here, the harder it will be to keep track:)

Greg

Back