'11 Exhaust

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2011 Mustang GT
I finally found someone to trade my full Magnaflow setup for a stock h-pipe with cats and a set of Roush mufflers so I can quiet my car back down to a tolerable level. I just got done taking mine off because I'm meeting the guy tomorrow to make the swap and I gotta say, kudos to Ford on this one! I've had an '88, a '00 and of course the '71. All of which I've done full exhaust systems on from the engine all the way back and this was by far the easiest of all to remove everything from the headers back! I went out in the garage at about 8:30 expecting to be out there 'till at least midnight or so. It's now 10:30 and everything is off, tools cleaned up, and exhaust packed in my work truck ready to go. I couldn't believe it! One header bolt looked like it was gonna be a total nightmare, but then as crowded as the coyote looks in there I realized that with 2-10", 1-6", and 1-3" extensions all linked together :p you could get right to it straight shot from the top!

Thanks Ford! :D

So I just finished putting on my stock/Roush exhaust and I have to say it is hands down the best sounding exhaust I've ever had!!! Roush is not a name I'd normally turn to when shopping for mufflers, but they sound awesome! I've had Dynomax, Flowmaster, Borla, Magnaflow, and Mac exhaust systems in the past and I don't think I'll ever look back. The Roush axle back's with stock everything else has a nice smooth deep tone with a nice "burble" sound at idle. It's not at all too loud, but you know for sure it's not stock, especially when you get into the pedal a bit. Best of all...NO Drone!!! :D

So for those of you who have a late model with a coyote 5.0, I HIGHLY recommend a Roush axle back kit, it's worth every penny of the almost $500 bucks! I was lucky enough to have gotten mine by trading my Magnaflow system without any $ exchanging hands :)

I don't know if they make a universal style muffler that would fit a '71-'73 but it's worth looking into for sure!

I :heart: the sound so much I wanna just go back out and just sit in my driveway behind the car and fall asleep to it...but that might be weird and it's a bit chilly here in CT tonight :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back