• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971 Boss 351 NOS Distributor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dozz302

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach !
Hello, I have for sale a 1971 NOS Boss 351 Distributor in the original Ford Motorcraft box. Part # D1ZZ-12127-D, Casting # D1ZF 12127 DA. Condition "Mint". Price $3000 plus shipping. [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the Boss distributor have the wide band clamp on the vacuum canister? I thought that was a key feature on the 71 dual vacuum dizzy. My 71 M code had that till I bought a reman and got the crimps style canister.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the Boss distributor have the wide band clamp on the vacuum canister? I thought that was a key feature on the 71 dual vacuum dizzy. My 71 M code had that till I bought a reman and got the crimps style canister.
Well, this is straight out of the Ford Box. NOS or New Old Stock, I don't know what else to say. It is possible that there were changes during the production year.

Well, this is straight out of the Ford Box. NOS or New Old Stock, I don't know what else to say. It is possible that there were changes during the production year.
Well this is digging up an old post.
I don't own a Boss unfortunately, but just looking at images of Boss engines, I see the wide band on the dual vacuum distributor.
I "borrowed" this pic off the net. Apart from the correct K625J engine sticker and the rev limiter, I have to assume it's a real Boss 351.
As you are replying to my post in a 2 year old ad, I assume you didn't sell it for 3K.
I know my 71 Feb built Mach 1 did have the wide band distributor until I foolishly let it go as a core replacement for a reman with a narrow band dual vac.
As I'm NOT the expert on this subject, the only main difference I know of is the dual breaker plate with actual bearings, not the cheaper nylon bushing on the other 351C distributors.

1717505687317.png

Last edited:
It’s probably a later replacement and not an assembly line part.

That's exactly what this is, a service replacement part. Correct part # stamping, but has a Motorcraft housing and no date code.

Well this is digging up an old post.
I don't own a Boss unfortunately, but just looking at images of Boss engines, I see the wide band on the dual vacuum distributor.
I "borrowed" this pic off the net. Apart from the correct K625J engine sticker and the rev limiter, I have to assume it's a real Boss 351.
As you are replying to my post in a 2 year old ad, I assume you didn't sell it for 3K.
I know my 71 Feb built Mach 1 did have the wide band distributor until I foolishly let it go as a core replacement for a reman with a narrow band dual vac.
As I'm NOT the expert on this subject, the only main difference I know of is the dual breaker plate with actual bearings, not the cheaper nylon bushing on the other 351C distributors.

View attachment 89387
Yes I agree, I have seen the wide band and also this style vacuum advance on the Boss 351 distributor not only this one. The distributor for sale here is new and provided by Ford Motor Company. Straight out the box. That's about all I can state. If anyone is interested, I am open to offers. Thanks

Yes I agree, I have seen the wide band and also this style vacuum advance on the Boss 351 distributor not only this one. The distributor for sale here is new and provided by Ford Motor Company. Straight out the box. That's about all I can state. If anyone is interested, I am open to offers. Thanks
All good from my end. As Hemikiller states, it's a service replacement. It's worth what someone is willing pay.

Hello, I have for sale a 1971 NOS Boss 351 Distributor in the original Ford Motorcraft box. Part # D1ZZ-12127-D, Casting # D1ZF 12127 DA. Condition "Mint". Price $3000 plus shipping. [email protected]

I am so tempted, just because. But I do not have a Boss 351, so for me to grab it would be denying a real Boss 351 owner the opportunity to actually use it. I know I could run it in my 351, but I do not have the internals or externals that would let me take real advantage of the dual points.

Back