1971 Ford Mustang BOSS 351 - Muscle Car Of The Week Episode 292

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Announcer states, right off the bat, that the reason the 1971 Mustang was redesigned was, in his words, "because Ford executives thought the Mustang customer base was growing up and needed more room for their families.....".     REALLY??????

I don't buy this opinion. I surely wasn't there when the Mustang design for '71 came to be, but I think this guy is just talking to talk. I've heard throughout the years, that Ford wanted to place the new 385 series ( 429/460 design ) under the hood to counter other big blocks being offered in other makes. I tend to go with this reason for the enlarged engine bay. The "bigger" thing they keep talking about is in reality only a couple of inches, and the weight is on par with other makes. I doubt the design ever considered buyers who were see-sawing over whether or not to buy a Station Wagon, or a Mustang.

This "Muscle Car Guru" could better use his breath extolling the virtues of the Boss, and it's potential, rather than trying to write up a story for the Internet.

Latest posts

Back