1971 Mach 1 429 CJ 4 speed Resto

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well… I know it's been awhile. Here are some photos I took today of the car pretty much done. I have a couple odds and ends left to straighten out but this is the culmination of about a year and a half of work on this car. I am still trying to locate a correct length snorkel so I can hook up the hot air hose. Other than that its a wrap. Enjoy the photos, let me know what you think. (THAT MILEAGE IS ORIGINAL!)

Well… I know it's been awhile. Here are some photos I took today of the car pretty much done. I have a couple odds and ends left to straighten out but this is the culmination of about a year and a half of work on this car. I am still trying to locate a correct length snorkel so I can hook up the hot air hose. Other than that its a wrap. Enjoy the photos, let me know what you think. (THAT MILEAGE IS ORIGINAL!)
Interior is all original too.

Never seen one that can be used w/a ram air kit. thought it had t hose that attaches straight downward?

The Ram Air / plenum unit hooks up directly with the air cleaner. The Snorkel does have an opening at the bottom where it hooks up with the exhaust port from the side of the motor. The hot air duct hose connects those two.
ps-my 72 ram air snorkel for my Cleveland has an actuator on top of the snorkel and opening underneath and seems like an option to hook up further for 'forced air'? will shoot a pic of it later.in the meantime do realize you have quite the machine. read only 8 mustangs w/ram air functional w/429 scj 4speed convertible a J-code for 71. See Mustng Monthly Sep issue, pp 22-24 for further FYI on all 71s w/429s in 71 as for where monte carlo bar is situated is below midway so is ineffective-in process of a custom either bending around or over snorkel and AC pump as just installed as a on stock...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back