• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1973 Charcoal Canister Needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow C6 auto
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow, 4 speed
1973 H code Convertible ivy glow, FMX
I am looking for a gas tank vapor charcoal canister for my Mach 1. This is the blue one that fits in the passenger side of the engine compartment in the rear near the heater hoses. Someone decided to remove it at some point and did not see fit to hold on to it or its mounting bracket.

I am looking for a gas tank vapor charcoal canister for my Mach 1. This is the blue one that fits in the passenger side of the engine compartment in the rear near the heater hoses. Someone decided to remove it at some point and did not see fit to hold on to it or its mounting bracket.
Do you need it beadblasted and painted, or would you like it as I pull it off a car? Price is $45 as is, or $60 beadblasted and painted. Shipping at my cost, no extra fees. Mike

Do you need it beadblasted and painted, or would you like it as I pull it off a car? Price is $45 as is, or $60 beadblasted and painted. Shipping at my cost, no extra fees. Mike
What is the purpose of this canister? Is it to filter the air coming into the passenger compartment? I've always wondered...

Back