1973 Mach 1 Original Order Form

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is nice find

I like how the saleman wrote

" NASA type hood "

This is the original order form that was filled out at the Ford dealer for the original owner of My Mach 1. I thought this my be a window back to the past for those of us who were not old enough to be able to order a new Mach 1 like this. I was a 14 year old kid in 1973. I loved the big Mustangs and remember looking at them in the showroom wishing I could buy one. What a thrill it must have been to be able to go into the Ford dealer and write up a two page order form loaded with options to buy one of the last big Mustangs ever produced! You will notice that this Mustang was ordered on 5/16/73. It appears that the original color selected was 5A (light pewter metallic). That must not have been available on a Mach 1 so he went with 3K (blue glow). The car was also ordered with a 3.50 gear ratio but arrived on 7/16/73 with the optional 3.25 ratio and the Magnum 500 wheels requested were replaced with forged aluminum wheels. Anyway, a bit of history I thought you guys would enjoy,

mbhdnk.jpg

1opuut.jpg
Thanks for posting the original invoice. Interesting that in the same year, a 1973 Detomaso Pantera would have cost over double that amount $ 11,000.00!.......Mark

This is the original order form that was filled out at the Ford dealer for the original owner of My Mach 1. I thought this my be a window back to the past for those of us who were not old enough to be able to order a new Mach 1 like this. I was a 14 year old kid in 1973. I loved the big Mustangs and remember looking at them in the showroom wishing I could buy one. What a thrill it must have been to be able to go into the Ford dealer and write up a two page order form loaded with options to buy one of the last big Mustangs ever produced! You will notice that this Mustang was ordered on 5/16/73. It appears that the original color selected was 5A (light pewter metallic). That must not have been available on a Mach 1 so he went with 3K (blue glow). The car was also ordered with a 3.50 gear ratio but arrived on 7/16/73 with the optional 3.25 ratio and the Magnum 500 wheels requested were replaced with forged aluminum wheels. Anyway, a bit of history I thought you guys would enjoy,

mbhdnk.jpg

1opuut.jpg
Very interesting order form info. Realize it was posted a while back but still thanks for posting!

Ray

mbhdnk.jpg

1opuut.jpg
Thanks for posting. I used to buy parts from that dealership, small world. Chuck

I thought my 73 Mach 1 with $1,108.00 in options was ALLOT!.

Your's with $1,477.00 is the most I've seen.

Does anyone on this forum have a greater options total than $1,477.00?!

$1,477.00 in options represents almost 50% of the base price!!!

That is unheard of!!!...Mark

Mark,

The options on my 73 Mach 1 total $2030. Car was built for Ford Marketing and not for resale. Emminger invoice takes two pages to fit them all. Has virtually every option available for 73. Here is page two with totals.

zxmvj8.jpg

My 1973 convertible came with 1855.49 worth of options. It was sold to Ford Marketing corporation and the ordered type was special purpose vehicle. I think it has every option that was available except for 8 track.

John J

Hello John J; Did you order a Deluxe Marti Report?, as SURELY your car MUST BE "1" of "1"!!!...Mark

Mark,

The options on my 73 Mach 1 total $2030. Car was built for Ford Marketing and not for resale. Emminger invoice takes two pages to fit them all. Has virtually every option available for 73. Here is page two with totals.

zxmvj8.jpg

I officially declare you the WINNER!!!!...WOW!!!

I like the fact that 10 Gallons of gas was $4.00!!!....40 cents a Gallon!!!...& was probably 97 Octane...Ahhhhhhh, the "Good Old Days"!...I remember 105 Texaco Octane & 10Xs Blue Chip stamps with a fill up!!!...Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark it is one of one but not for a option you would think of like heavy duty battery, tilt wheel or power windows. Its one of one because of protection group. Which is the door mouldings and the spare tire lock.

The AC made it one of eight not a lot of verts where ordered with AC back then.

John J

Latest posts

Back