1974 Ford Falcon panel-van and coupe TV ads.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the looks of the Ranchero-style, or Ute version in the first video. Not sure I'd drive an XB or Mustang like the second ad shows! Lol!

I had an XB Coupe for about 5 years back in the 1990's, it was my main car so I drove it absolutely everywhere and in all conditions, including rough dirt tracks, but never through flowing water! It wasn't a collectors item back then like they are nowadays, so I just drove it wherever I wanted to. I sold it for $2000 AUD to buy a more "modern" and comfy 1992 Ford Fairlane, that was a big mistake, the XB coupes sell for around 25 times that price on today's market.

XB_Coupe.jpg

A friend has a John Goss Special with the 302 Cleveland. I rebuilt the forntbsuspension while he was deployed. Everywhere you drive is like your own mini- carshow.
For those that don't know, the XA/XB/XC Falcons are based on the late 60s Falcon/Fairlane chassis. You can see this when you compare the firewall stamping with the 66-67 Fairlane.
They were as wide as the Fairlanes. But much shorter than the 68-71 Torinos.
As much as I like the look of the 70-71 Torino GT, I always felt it could lose a foot at each end.

A friend has a John Goss Special with the 302 Cleveland. I rebuilt the forntbsuspension while he was deployed. Everywhere you drive is like your own mini- carshow.
For those that don't know, the XA/XB/XC Falcons are based on the late 60s Falcon/Fairlane chassis. You can see this when you compare the firewall stamping with the 66-67 Fairlane.
They were as wide as the Fairlanes. But much shorter than the 68-71 Torinos.
As much as I like the look of the 70-71 Torino GT, I always felt it could lose a foot at each end.

My Mustang has a little bit of Australian Falcon in it; it has the factory air cleaner housing from the XB Coupe on it, and also I installed XC-XF Falcon upper control arms into it. When I bought the Mustang the upper control arms were shot so I bought standard aftermarket arms and they squeaked like crazy. The XC-XF control arms have rubber instead of metal-on-metal pivot bushes, and not only are they a dimensionally accurate fit, they improved the ride by absorbing some of the shock when going over bumps and also they don't squeak.

XC-3082-A.jpg

Back