(2) 1972 MUSTANG COBRA JET FIRESTONE HI-SPEED TEST CARS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they're hoping Firestone would buy them for some kind of nostalgic promotion or comparison. Other than some deep pocket collector coming in, I don't see much value beyond being Two nice original coupe's at 25k apiece.

Wow, that's a steep price for shure. Never thought of that high... 

I like them both and would have bought them some years ago - one for the Mister and one for the Missus - so everyone have their one and could take all the kiddies with us in two cars by driving together for a picknick. That would have been great - but not for such a price, Firestone or not... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems that nobody wanted to pay that much money for both so they try it single... 

I like them cars! 

It's like your Coupe/Hardtop, 7173Vert. 

They are some sort of wolf in sheep's clothing! 

I like the fastbacks very much but especially with the 4-speed, traclok and 3:50 gears, the outer appearance with the plaine NACA-hood, the 71/72-standard grille and chrome bumpers, I would soften up on! I like them as is: plain jane, without spoilers and stripes, but ready to hook up immediately!  

If I do not have already had my Mach 1, put so much heart in it, just as much as work and money, I would buy one of them, ship it to me and baby it from then on! This is a very rare opportunity to buy such a low mile and unmolested Mustang of the 71-73 ones! 

I have seen a few 72s with the same setup.  Full Chrome front end.  Ram Air hood and Q Code with 4 speed.  I looked at one locally in 2001.  It was Medium Yellow with Ginger interior.  Guy swore it was a Mach1 because he bought it new and the Salesman said anything with hood scoops was a Mach 1.  Marti gives no indication on hood or full chrome front end.

Hello mweeps,

Most of those salesmen were slick tongue devils. Not only did they have the original owner convinced it was a Mach 1 because of the hood, they probably told him he could also order a color coordinated toaster oven!

For '72 only, the ram air style Mach 1 hood was standard on any Q code Mustang. The color coordinated moldings on the front of the hood and fenders was only on the Mach 1 and any special editions such as the Sprint cars, Decor Group, etc.  The chrome on the front of the hood and fenders was standard fare on all other Mustangs. So there would have been no call out on the Marti report since the chrome hood and fender moldings were standard on these particular vehicles.   :classic_smile:

Back