2.5'" Dual exhaust kit recommendations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dapper Wolf

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Fastback
Hello and Good morning all!

Really excited to have joined an incredible group such as this.

I am currently looking to upgrade my dual exhaust on my 1971 351c 4v and would like to gather some ideas on kits, brands that you love and highly recommend!

Thanks

::thumb::

-Andy

Welcome. A lot of guys on here are running the Pypes kit and had good luck with them. Personally I tried it and didn’t like the fit so I returned it and had a custom exhaust shop install mine. The guys car I’m working on now just had his exhaust done by same shop as me and it turned out great. $700 out the door. Drop it off in the morning pick up in afternoon. Can’t beat that. 2.5” stainless With X- pipe and Flowmaster mufflers.

I believe it was Don at  Ohio Mustang Parts that steered me to Precision Exhaust for an OEM style exact duplication.  He has a Boss 351 NOS system that he uses as a pattern.  Bolts up great, great customer service, factory exhaust hangers used.  I am happy, but then I am not on the road yet.

I agree with turtle too.  A local exhaust shop can put a nice set of pipes under there and guarantee fit and no leaks.  Makes the job real easy!

kcmash

Welcome.  A lot of guys on here are running the Pypes kit and had good luck with them. Personally I tried it and didn’t like the fit so I returned it and had a custom exhaust shop install mine.  The guys car I’m working on now just had his exhaust done by same shop as me and it turned out great. $700 out the door.  Drop it off in the morning pick up in afternoon.  Can’t beat that.  2.5” stainless With X- pipe  and Flowmaster mufflers.

Hey Turtle, that looks great! gonna look into that route, thanks for the tip!! ::thumb::

Back