300 mile 1971 Mustang Conv on eBay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see how nice - or rude - they are to accepting a courteous and well-informed correction such as this.

-Kurt
I told her the same thing when she gave me the VIN so by now it should be sinking in. I'm don't think this car will sell for more than $12-15k IMHO.

I told her the same thing when she gave me the VIN so by now it should be sinking in. I'm don't think this car will sell for more than $12-15k IMHO.
It won't sell.

I'm more curious as to the motives and personality of the people behind the sale: Are they really as nice as they make themselves appear, and are willing to accept realization of a mistake? Or will they become hostile if pressed to correct for accuracy?

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
19 hours to go on the auction. No reply.

Conclusion? Behind all that fake courtesy and nice personalities is a very stubborn person who thinks herself an expert on a subject she knows nothing about.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent exterior restoration of a 101,945 mile 1972 convertible, complete with replacement 1973 taillights. Under the hood tells the real story - speaking of which, that's a new Gates upper radiator hose and a Chinese aluminum radiator in it.

Love the overspray on the RH hood support too.

As I had suspected from the photo - it has the Decor Group. So much for the "beautiful chrome bumper."

-Kurt
Looks like a quick low end paint job to me

Painted trunk latch

painted fender bolts

I can guess what the door jambs look like :)

Painted trunk latch

painted fender bolts

Yes - those are the typical 'dead giveaways'.

Painted fender bolts are extremely common.

Saw some painted hood hinges (body color) and they said it was 'all original'... :dodgy:

Ray

Painted trunk latch

painted fender bolts

Saw some painted hood hinges (body color) and they said it was 'all original'... :dodgy:

Ray
Ray - they meant all original COLOR :D

Painted trunk latch

painted fender bolts

Ray
Ray - they meant all original COLOR :D
Even has some extra of the original color :D

Man, they must have been cranking the tunes in the car during those 300 miles because they wore plenty of the chrome off of the radio knobs!

Man, they must have been cranking the tunes in the car during those 300 miles because they wore plenty of the chrome off of the radio knobs!
Their favorite tune: The Fraud Couple theme song.

-Kurt

Back