302 gasket kit identification

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FL72Sprint

Reaction score
My Car
72 Olympic Sprint 302
I'm rebuilding a 302 and picked up a kit of all new gaskets from Mahle. The part number is 95-3367. I can't identify what 5 (6, but 1 is a pair) of the gaskets are for. The kit supposedly is for all Mustang 302s from 64-73, 79, and 82-83. Four of the ones I can't identify are circled in red. The middle three I'm just guessing are for a different oil pump from a different year. Not sure what the "home plate" shaped one is either, thermostat for the same reason? The last one I can't identify is the intake manifold. It looks like it has two different IM sets, with minor differences. Same thing, just different year usage?

Thanks for any insight.

Attachments

• 953367-ZZ1-01-04-12.jpg
    953367-ZZ1-01-04-12.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 0
The home plate looks like it could be for the early engines' crankcase vent tube. The two 2-hole ones look like they're for the cross over tube on the efi engines (late 80s - mid 90s). The intake gaskets on the left are early style for carburetted engines. Those are my best guesses.

The home plate looks like it could be for the early engines' crankcase vent tube. The two 2-hole ones look like they're for the cross over tube on the efi engines (late 80s - mid 90s). The intake gaskets on the left are early style for carburetted engines. Those are my best guesses.
Thanks for the reply. You seem to have confirmed my suspicion that some gaskets wouldn't be used depending on year.

Back