351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's looking good Mike! Ryan

I know you already have the rear of the car together. There is some black out missing. They spray painted the black out between the tail lights and the honey comb panel and around the gas filler. There is a diagram somewhere on the forum. Also when do the hood make sure you get the right template. There are some incorrect ones out there. I did a rub off for one of the members you should be able to find the link. One of the marketed templates is wrong.

The car is going to stand out for sure doing some great work and where did you find a wife that likes cars so much. My now X kept me from buying a red GT-350H back in the 70's for $5,500. It was perfect he was a friend of Carol Shelby so it had all the right parts. It did not shift out of 1st. gear until 90 mph and spun the tires. Drove like a kart. The only way she would let me buy was if she got to drive it. She never owned a car that she did not crash.

What is the estimate to finish up?

David Funny you point out the black out by the tail lights and gas cap. I think about it every time I look at the rear car. I knew about it when put the back together.  It was case of getting ahead of my self. I have been thinking about going back to fix it. 

That settles It, now that you pointed it out I will fix it! :cool: 

As for the hood black out I bought the correct stencil. I'm hopefully going to have my brother shoot the black soon. The only thing my brother is not going to use the stencil.  :D

David Funny you point out the black out by the tail lights and gas cap. I think about it every time I look at the rear car. I knew about it when put the back together.  It was case of getting ahead of my self. I have been thinking about going back to fix it. 

As for the hood black out I bought the correct stencil. I'm hopefully going to have my brother shoot the black soon. The only thing my brother is not going to use the stencil.  :D
Lookin' sweet, Brutha!

Just remember that with the hood stencil, the front alignment mark goes to the leading edge of the hood - including the front trim piece (otherwise, it'll sit too far back... like mine).

As well, the taillight trim can be done with little more than just taping off the area and hitting it with a spray can (have a local paint shop mix up the right paint and put into an aerosol can).  That way you won't have to go crazy and tape-off/cover the whole car for a quick blast in the paint booth (unless you're already planning on that, anyway).

Just in case you're not already aware, this is what I found when I pulled the honeycomb trim off mine (just before tearing it all apart):

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hope that helps.

Lookin' sweet, Brutha!

Just remember that with the hood stencil, the front alignment mark goes to the leading edge of the hood - including the front trim piece (otherwise, it'll sit too far back... like mine).

As well, the taillight trim can be done with little more than just taping off the area and hitting it with a spray can (have a local paint shop mix up the right paint and put into an aerosol can).  That way you won't have to go crazy and tape-off/cover the whole car for a quick blast in the paint booth (unless you're already planning on that, anyway).

Just in case you're not already aware, this is what I found when I pulled the honeycomb trim off mine (just before tearing it all apart):

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hope that helps.
Thanks Eric.  I have pics of my tail panel. I'm going to spray it with some SEM trim black spray bomb.

Thanks Eric.  I have pics of my tail panel. I'm going to spray it with some SEM trim black spray bomb.
Perfect!  It's gonna be sweet!  ::thumb::

Any updates on your build Mike? I have not touched mine in about nine months. Unfortunately I have been out to sea doing Navy shit for the better half of the last year, so time to work on the car is at a minimum. I have a slew of parts waiting for me when I get back though. Bought an electric fan kit, hei distributor, one wire alternator, and some new wiring to update a few of my harnesses to help with making the car more reliable. soon after all that, I am gonna start body work. Major drawback is that the car was outside in the pacific northwest for a couple of weeks and the interior is completely covered in mold. Pretty much everything except for the upholstery was new or newly refurbished, so I am a little pissed about it. Hope all is well buddy.

- Nik

Any updates on your build Mike? I have not touched mine in about nine months. Unfortunately I have been out to sea doing Navy shit for the better half of the last year, so time to work on the car is at a minimum. I have a slew of parts waiting for me when I get back though. Bought an electric fan kit, hei distributor, one wire alternator, and some new wiring to update a few of my harnesses to help with making the car more reliable. soon after all that, I am gonna start body work. Major drawback is that the car was outside in the pacific northwest for a couple of weeks and the interior is completely covered in mold. Pretty much everything except for the upholstery was new or newly refurbished, so I am a little pissed about it. Hope all is well buddy.

- Nik
Hey Nik, All is well.  I took a couple months off from the car.  The wife and I have been busy with a Chicago and Vegas vacation, and kitchen overhaul. I got back on the car 2 weeks ago polishing drip rail moldings. I hope to take another big leap forward this summer.

That really sucks about the mold! I'm sure that's no fun to clean up. look forward to see the bodywork come along.

how to remove outlook account

It's been awhile since I posted anything. Finely got something done worth posting. I got with my brother to do the hood and lower body black out. Also popped the taillights and did that black as well. I'm very happy how it turned out. My brother still got IT. He did the hood mask with no stencil. It's not 100% correct but what we thought looks the best.

Installed front spoiler today, Scott ( Q codes ) video was a big help.
Love the inspiration wall! ::thumb:: 

Two of those cars look real familiar :D

Your progress is really nice ::thumb::

View attachment 40001

20170823_203221.jpg

Latest posts

Back