351 C oil pump

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to remember regardless of what "Rings your Bell", people are usually passionate about it. I have seen situations get totally out of control to the point of "Burning Down to the Ground"! No matter if discussing cam selections, head building, or dog grooming. There are some spirited discussions that arise here occasionally, and that's to be expected. Your dealing with people from all demographics. What may of worked great for me when I was drag racing my Mach 1, may of been something someone else was doing and lost an engine.

All I can say is I'm so glad I found this site by accident. I was on a couple a Mustang sites (I'll mention no names) and really got tired of 71-73 bashing! Couldn't sleep one night so got on my laptop and Googled 71 Mustang and the rest is history.

Also would like to give a shout out to our Moderators and Administrators who keep us in line. Not always a popular job, but one that has to be done. :D
Thanks Steve.

If something happens the staff is usually nearby to issue PMs to help people remember to be civil or if for repeat offenders who don't seem to ever get it will get it (banned) and life for everyone on the forum immediately improves.

update:

Installed standard melling pump, bottom end secured, new cam installed + new cam bearings (280-294 adv 114 509 lift.

also new valve guides,valves etc.

after setting valve lash and pre oiling, startup and cam break in went smooth, although it did take almost 2 seconds to start !

oil pressure is (to me ) very good, 70 psi @ start up and 30 min.@ hot idle @ 900 rpm.

Did a little Distributor re-curving today 4 degrees too much in the distributor, this is a Mallory unilite unit that I do not intend to keep.

will move on to the 750 Holley tomorrow

Boilermaster

Back