• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

351 Cleveland heads 2 sets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
Hi, I have two sets of heads sitting around that I would like to see go to a good home.

The first set is a pair of 4V Open chamber heads If you want Iron 4V heads, don't shy away from the Open chamber versions-they do not have a detonation issue with proper tuning and with pop up pistons they can make as much compression as you want.

This set was on my car and working when I bought it. I changed to CC heads to run a solid lifter cam. I would have the valves replaced as they are still ford OE two piece valves, you know, the ones that pop apart and destroy engines.

$275.00 plus shipping If you want a set of used rocker arms with steel fulcrums included add 50 dollars more

The second set of heads are 2V open chamber heads. These look very clean. I was told the motor they were on was rebuilt and then stored after only 20K miles when the owner died. When I disassembled it, I believe that story could be true. I think these heads may have had larger valves installed. I will measure if anyone is interested.

$150.00 or $200 with a set of steel fulcrum factory rocker arms.

I will try and get a picture of each head with casting numbers posted over the weekend. I will drive up to an hour and a half to meet anyone local for delivery as shipping is a huge pain in the ass due to the weight of the heads.

Back