351C Headers - Hedman or Hooker?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any good pictures of the clearance specifically, but I have a set of 351C-2V Hooker Competiton ceramic-coated headers, and there's plenty of clearance to the steering box (nothing hitting or extremely close, or anything like that).  The ceramic coating also has these headers running much cooler than standard 'painted' headers, so I'm not worried a bit about high temperatures or anything.

I've also heard the Hedman's hang lower than the Hookers.  There's a thread or 2 on this very topic floating around with some pics.  I believe I measured mine at almost 6" of ground clearance (lowest point of the headers is actually just rearward of the front wheels, so the possibility of getting hung-up on something is very low).

Here's the thread with my pics:  https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-351c-2v-headers

Hope this helps!

I have the hedman on my car and they fit great. And I used Hooker on the yellow mach 1 I'm working on and they also fit great!! My car is a c4 auto. the yellow car is a 3 speed manual. I heard the hooker fit better with a manual trans than the hedman, so that's why I went with hooker on that car. both a great headers..... both a very expensive. The hedman ceramic coating doesn't hold up for shit. Sent my back twice in 3 years and it still sucks. Not sure on the hooker because they have only been on about a month.

I haven't exactly driven mine a lot, but the ceramic coating is still flawless.  I periodically hit everything with the laser thermometer and notice that the temps directly on the headers, and even right up against the heads are ridiculously low for what I feel they should be, all things considered.  I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking temps in the range of 160-230 (at various points on the headers themselves) either means that the ceramic coating is doing its job, or all of the laser thermometers I've used to check on it are all broken with the same issues (at least 3 different units).  I would imagine that the headers should be significantly hotter, with the temps dropping off slightly as it gets further away from the heads.

This is my first set of ceramic coated headers on a car I own - but I'm a believer!   ::thumb::

Back