383 Stroker

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashwis

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang base with 302
Dont hate me but I have a 1972 Mustang Base with the 302 its running fine but the engine definetly needs rebuilt or replaced soon, Im more than happy to rebuild that but money is tight right now and I technically have a 383 Stroker SBC already completed sitting in the garage. Does anyone know if their are engine mounts available to install it into that year of mustang or would it have to be custom?

Dont hate me but I have a 1972 Mustang Base with the 302 its running fine but the engine definetly needs rebuilt or replaced soon, Im more than happy to rebuild that but money is tight right now and I technically have a 383 Stroker SBC already completed sitting in the garage. Does anyone know if their are engine mounts available to install it into that year of mustang or would it have to be custom?
For the amount of money you'll spend making everything else connect to the car - motor mounts, exhaust, electrical, transmission, shifter linkage, new driveshaft, it would be cheaper to rebuild the 302 than to try and stuff a chevy motor in it.

well I need to replace Trans soon too as well as a large portion of other parts only thing that I dont really need to replace is exhaust

Stroke your 302 to 347 and customize your components and put throttle body EFI in it and you’ll be much satisfied with the results and have Smokin performance without the blasphemy!

Motor mounts would have to be custom. You'll also need a front sump pan and pickup (like for a first-gen Chevy II). The aftermarket rear sump "J" pan for them "may" or may not work.

Obviously, it's your car and you're free to do as you choose, but why not just sell the mustang and find a GM product for your engine or vise-versa? I'm anti-brand swapping muscle cars.

Money is tight?? Likely you should not be considering any sort of engine swapping.

Last edited:
Back