429/460 TJ header questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoArts

Reaction score
My Car
'71 Sportsroof
'90 Mustang 7-Up 5.0 ragtop (sold after 20 years)
'66 Sunbeam Tiger Mk.IA
Hi all,

It's been a while, but I still have and am working on my '71 "lifetime" Sportsroof project.

Basically wondering if there have been any new header offerings in the past few years for a 460/C8 heads w/dished piston/Performer intake/Lunati Bracket Master/C6 combo. I searched here but didn't see anything promising. A shorty header is preferred, but do not want the multi piece Hooker style long tubes due to undercar clearance issues and living in war torn Pittsburgh. I wrote off FPA shorties a while back after reading about more than one steering box clearance issue (I refuse to whack on any of 'em).

I called Sanderson years ago regarding fitment on their offerings, and received a curt "uhhh, I don't know" for an answer. Further questioning and asking for additional assistance got me a very unenthusiastic nowhere. There's a new Patriot "universal" and a China knock-off version on the auction site, but look to me to be dumping pretty far forward and vertical... as in steering box and/or engine mount problems.

I'll build my own if it comes down to it. I have the Lincoln manifolds that came with the engine, and am not even sure that the outlets will clear since the engine is not in the car yet.

Thanks!

Back