5.0 and Boost

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't do it Roy, the next thing you know you'll be buying a membership to the country club and start hauling golf clubs in the trunk of the Mustang.

It's a slippery slope my friend. It looks good from the outside! :D

Grab a couple of guns, some ammo go out to the range and shoot stuff, that'll clear your head!

According to one of the Kenne Bell charts 8 PSI with 91 Octane, 10 PSI looks like it requires 94 Octane. Roy, you are going to get into soooo much trouble with this and will have a great time doing it. I just put a bondsman on retainer when I but the blower on my 07. It expedites the "check out" process considerably. Chuck
the 8-10 psi sounds about right for "safe" boost level.

Don't do it Roy, the next thing you know you'll be buying a membership to the country club and start hauling golf clubs in the trunk of the Mustang.

Grab a couple of guns, some ammo go out to the range and shoot stuff, that'll clear your head!
Come on Jeff thats what the SAAB is for:p

Roy, I have a 22' bow rider that is always costing me money. That whole break out another thousand is a true statement. I also have a friend that has the big party barge boat that I have access to. If I had it it do over again I'm not sure what I would do. But I do know I would NEVER buy a new boat. Those boats sink immediately value wise. If you do get one a smallish (18-22 footer) used boat is a better deal and will be easier to sell later.

Roy, I have a 22' bow rider that is always costing me money. That whole break out another thousand is a true statement. I also have a friend that has the big party barge boat that I have access to. If I had it it do over again I'm not sure what I would do. But I do know I would NEVER buy a new boat. Those boats sink immediately value wise. If you do get one a smallish (18-22 footer) used boat is a better deal and will be easier to sell later.
LOL the one I'm looking at is a USED 18ft Ranger with a 150 Johnson, Its only 4,000. So still thinking it over hoping he will sell it before I can make my mind up.

I have a KB 2.2L Blowzilla setup on my '89 5.0 Mustang. I can tell you right now, if you don't have an intercooler, you're going to be limited to around 10 psi and that is ONLY AFTER lowering the compression of the engine in the first place. My combination consists of a Dart Iron Eagle block, Victor Jr. heads, and SRP forged slugs at 8.4:1. I can safely run about 12 psi, but have also tuned the engine extensively, including reducing the WOT spark timing. I have blown up several engines under boost; it would be wise to do your homework on forced induction before bolting on some hardware and blowing headgaskets and/or piston crowns. Cometic is your friend.

I have a KB 2.2L Blowzilla setup on my '89 5.0 Mustang. I can tell you right now, if you don't have an intercooler, you're going to be limited to around 10 psi and that is ONLY AFTER lowering the compression of the engine in the first place. My combination consists of a Dart Iron Eagle block, Victor Jr. heads, and SRP forged slugs at 8.4:1. I can safely run about 12 psi, but have also tuned the engine extensively, including reducing the WOT spark timing. I have blown up several engines under boost; it would be wise to do your homework on forced induction before bolting on some hardware and blowing headgaskets and/or piston crowns. Cometic is your friend.
How do you like the KB stuff? Looks top notch

How do you like the KB stuff? Looks top notch
The blower is top end, there is no better quality in superchargers that I can think of. Instant boost, starting at 1500 RPM and doesn't taper off even at redline. It is a ridiculous amount of torque. The car weighs 3300 lbs and is faster than my sport bike. I'm currently having issues keeping the rear end together, it likes munching on diff bearings despite being girdled and studded.

Back