71-3 cowl NEW

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before this part was available I knew it was a major under taking including welding, fabricating etc to make the repair. How much of a job is it to take out the old cowl and put this new one in?

Jim

so glad for this part!! my cowls were rusted out and now there is this nice fix!! thanks!

Hi,

Thought I would post a picture of the new cowl welded on my Grande. The fit was excellent, and it seems to match the original contours perfectly. This is rare thing for a lot of the reproduction parts. I had to cut off the left vent hole piece and weld a round plate in as my car has factory A/C. Plus weld the two extra brackets to the underside that are not on the new part.

Glad I waited to restore the car when I did otherwise it would have been a lot of work repairing my original cowl. This part came out right when I needed it.

Thanks to Don at OMS for helping to get this part to market!

Michael

100_2486.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thought I would post a picture of the new cowl welded on my Grande. The fit was excellent, and it seems to match the original contours perfectly. This is rare thing for a lot of the reproduction parts. I had to cut off the left vent hole piece and weld a round plate in as my car has factory A/C. Plus weld the two extra brackets to the underside that are not on the new part.

Glad I waited to restore the car when I did otherwise it would have been a lot of work repairing my original cowl. This part came out right when I needed it.

Thanks to Don at OMS for helping to get this part to market!

Michael
Pics?

Back