71 302 auto coupe dual exhaust kit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bley49

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe
Last edited:
I bought the Kit NPD a sells, with an H pipe that bolts to stock manifolds, I am sur your exhaust guy coul make it attaché to your headers…

Yeah, that’s what I bought….installed it by myself, with a little difficulty…it fits, sounds good. A couple of tips…if the H Pipe doesn’t align just right, use a ratcheting strap to flex it into position…and if you test without tailpieces it will sound like crap and make you cry…add the included tail pipes and it sounds great!

Being that you are using common muffler shop bends, you may want to go up to the 2.25 or 2.5 diameter. That concoction of multiple muffler shop bends will reduce your overall exhaust flow 30-40%. while mandrel bends reduce nothing. Very few muffler shops have mandrel machines, and the pipes would either have to be ordered that way or bought in pieces, the way I order them. If you plan on keeping it 100% original any of them are fine. If you plan on adding some performance to it, you might want to start with your exhaust flow. Now would be a good time to add headers.

Last edited:
Back