'71 429cj convertible restoration

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doors have been reinstalled and bolted up in final form. All window hardware was reinstalled (loosely) in the doors before completing the final tightening of the hinge bolts to allow for the complete door weight when lining everything up... Also, completed the underbody overspray and the blackout treatment on the pinch weld areas. The rebuilt centre section and axles have been reinstalled and are ready to go. Final front fender installation and then hood alignment etc to complete the body install and realignment. At this point, the hood then has to come off the car to do the top repainting... that sucks...
Did your doors change much with the window hardware?

... Can we not edit our posts anymore??? I want to turn the pictures right side up... hope this works.

I give up...
It's not the editing of the posts that has any effect on the orientation of the pictures - it's the pictures themselves. If they're off-angle when you attach them, that's the way they are. So, ya gotta get 'em right before you post 'em. :-/

Sorry.

... Can we not edit our posts anymore??? I want to turn the pictures right side up... hope this works.

I give up...
It's not the editing of the posts that has any effect on the orientation of the pictures - it's the pictures themselves. If they're off-angle when you attach them, that's the way they are. So, ya gotta get 'em right before you post 'em. :-/

Sorry.

Looking great. Soon it will be back home for you to start putting your touch to it.
Thanks. Nice job at MCA show btw. Your hard work paid off.

Last edited:
The upholstery isn't all THAT bad - I did my own, with "a little better than just good enough" results (as in, not 100% perfect... maybe more like 85%) - which is 'good enough' for my Day 2 restomod.

Interestingly enough, I struggled more with the seat back, than the seat bottom of the rear seat. The seat back is a simple long rectangular piece, that should be straightforward enough, but it was a major PITA.

I have developed a much greater respect for those who do upholstery.

The upholstery isn't all THAT bad - I did my own, with "a little better than just good enough" results (as in, not 100% perfect... maybe more like 85%) - which is 'good enough' for my Day 2 restomod.

Interestingly enough, I struggled more with the seat back, than the seat bottom of the rear seat. The seat back is a simple long rectangular piece, that should be straightforward enough, but it was a major PITA.

Last edited:

Yes..., that is why Ill let a professional do it. I gave very strong consideration to tackling it, but I have so much other stuff to work on, thought this would be one of those jobs I would pay to have done and IMO, $$ well spent...
+1

Your prep work looks to be impeccable! I will pay off in the final paint for sure! What direction are you planning on going with the car?
Thanks. This car will be restored to original condition where possible. The original colour is a '71 "N" Code - Pastel Blue. The only black out on the car is the hood as this is an original ram air car. Standard interior, A/C, tinted windows, AM/FM Radio, sport hub caps, P/S, P/B and that's about it for options. A true sleeper...
I am so excited to see the finished product, though, not as excited as I sure you are. The car is going to be a show stopper! ::thumb:: Love this thread, BTW.

Back