71-73 Front Shock Towers or MII Tubular Arm System?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
So, has anyone seen new/repro front shock towers for our cars? I need a driver's side tower to fix several rust holes. The passenger's side is perfect. Dad is about ready to cut the entire front end off the 72 coupe and replace with one of those complete front end deals. It would be nice but $3000 for a complete system! Wowzers! Does include new MII axle, disc brakes, cross member and all but that's a lot of cabbage to spend.

http://www.rcmotorsportsinc.com/rod__custom.pdf

Is it just the tower or is any of the frame rail bad too?

I just picked up a 72 and I think the LH is good

Don

Don
From what I can see, the frame rail is fine but the tower is shot...I'll know more as soon as we get it outside and pressure wash everything.

WEST COAST CLASSIC COUGER IS THE ONLY PLACE I HAVE FOUND THEM. THEY ARE USED BUT ALL FROM WEST COAST CARS AND ARE IN EXELLENT SHAPE. YOU CAN GET AS MUCH AS YOU NEED EVEN A COMPLETE FRONT STRUCTURE. THE SHOCK TOWERS ARE $145.00

Don
From what I can see, the frame rail is fine but the tower is shot...I'll know more as soon as we get it outside and pressure wash everything.
B..when you get cleaned up post a pic...I may have Some good "Sections" off the one I cut out of mine...so you could do a repair..Need to see a pic of yours.

Scott

Don
B..when you get cleaned up post a pic...I may have Some good "Sections" off the one I cut out of mine...so you could do a repair..Need to see a pic of yours.

Scott
I got nice, used L & R shock towers form OMS and they came with a little box frame still attached...I should be good, but I will keep you in mind if I happen to need more!

Scott
I got nice, used L & R shock towers form OMS and they came with a little box frame still attached...I should be good, but I will keep you in mind if I happen to need more!
Boy that was quick ! If you got the full towers, don't putz around just replace the whole part. So your good to go ! Have fun getting the old ones out :p (Hint buy a full box of sawzall blades) Or Plasma cutter if you can.

Scott
Boy that was quick ! If you got the full towers, don't putz around just replace the whole part. So your good to go ! Have fun getting the old ones out :p (Hint buy a full box of sawzall blades) Or Plasma cutter if you can.
Haha, I hear ya! I'm gonna be in the same boat as you...all the aprons are off and the towers are coming out! Just the frame rails will be left...LOL. Should be lots of fun! The towers I got are complete...

Haha, I hear ya! I'm gonna be in the same boat as you...all the aprons are off and the towers are coming out! Just the frame rails will be left...LOL. Should be lots of fun! The towers I got are complete...
A word of advice.DO NOT TAKE BOTH TOWERS OUT at the same time..Do one side at a time and make sure the rails are supported at both crossmembers BEFORE any cutting takes place..& of course measure measure measure

Qcode351mach and Rockerfoot,

Get Lennox laser sawz all blades, pricey but I can dissect a full shell into carry-able pieces with 3-4 blades

Latest posts

Back