71-73's w/ red,white, and gold stripes on grill emblems

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stangace20

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 351C Gold Glow
1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
Ok so a guy in my club posted some pics of a bunch of emblems he has for sale

1185792_10200905517974439_105129223_n.jpg

Among them was a front grill emblem for a 71-73 mustang that appears to have red and red,white and, gold stripes. (center horse emblem). Now my car actually has one of these

grill_emblem.png

And while I'm positive ours came like that (as far as I know) a guy in my club commented that we must've painted it or something (even when there's another one in the 1st pic)

Dunno if he was joking or serious but it's got me wondering about whether those are custom or stock, or it's what that happens when the color fades on them or something like that....cause as I said we didn't paint ours and I mean to see another one like it would prove that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
the sun fades out the blue pigment on the emblem

its suppose to be red white and blue. the gold is because of the sun bleaching out the blue.

what they are suppose to look like

GO7.jpg

yeah I figured it might be, I guess he just thought I painted it cause as it turns out my car is painted gold to match,lol

Mine looks like that - except more gold-ish, silver, and gold-ish. :D

Dang... I love that little '79-'82 hood badge - and still miss my '82 GL. :shy:

Last edited by a moderator:
My 99 f150 came with gold badges including front and rear ovals. Have not found any info on this option. It is a black lariat with mocha frost bottom two tone and gold pin stripe. anybody know anything about this?

Back