71 at Mecum Dallas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my opinion, having gone to the Mecum auction in Harrisburg earlier this summer, that this car will be in the 30k range. I had found that if you are interested in the car, go down on

Wednesday or early Thursday, as suggested earlier by another member and look at it thoroughly. The owners are sometimes there and let you know the reserve ahead of time.

Thanks, Jay

Only if you're looking for it.
+1. Even though it's unusual to see and rare in its own right, the trim alone doesn't make the slightest difference in value or desirability.

It's fun to have if you have it though. Nice oddity.

-Kurt

Check it out... another Frank Cone GT (FC/GT) dealership special package at the Dallas auction.

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?lot_id=DA0914-193404

Actually looks like a pretty nice car. I'm very interested to see how much value the "special dealership package" will add. It should cross the block on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same car. Auction results will be one of two things - the bidders won't give a damn about the Frank Cone package and it won't sell, or two morons with more money than sense will get in a bidding war over it.

-Kurt

Same car. Auction results will be one of two things - the bidders won't give a damn about the Frank Cone package and it won't sell, or two morons with more money than sense will get in a bidding war over it.

-Kurt
I almost died laughing when I saw that same FC/GT tape on the side of that car... It really isn't a bad looking car... Minus Frank.

I almost died laughing when I saw that same FC/GT tape on the side of that car... It really isn't a bad looking car... Minus Frank.
You mean, minus the seller when he had it on eBay. Take away the loony ad copy, and nobody here would even mind the sticker.

Frankly though (pun not intended), I would have liked to see what that FC/GT package looked like before they restored the car. I'll bet anything that the original dealer package was a bit more inventive than the textbook "paint it and stripe it, damn the originality" restoration.

-Kurt

The car I posted about originally is coming up soon. You can watch it live here: http://www.mecum.com/live.cfm

I decided to postpone buying a car until I get a shop built so I have room to store it. So I most likely won't be on the market until next summer.

It went for $21,500. Someone got a nice car.

Back