71 Boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High bid is 30K now ! Too bad it was just forgotten about for so long .
Top bid was placed yesterday at a $100 increment - $30,100 - and has stayed there since.

Bidding has leveled off for now, indicating that the average, sane Boss 351 buyer values this thing at $30k. Anything further will simply be hotheaded bidding reflecting eBay bid craziness.

-Kurt

My eBay strategy is simple...come in with my max bid I will pay at 30 seconds before close. Then it doesn't matter what happens, I won't overpay and likely will get for less than top bid. If I'm outbid, they overpaid...In my mind. :D I would never bid early and get the price going up.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
My eBay strategy is simple...come in with my max bid I will pay at 30 seconds before close. Then it doesn't matter what happens, I won't overpay and likely will get for less than top bid. If I'm outbid, they overpaid...In my mind. :D I would never bid early and get the price going up.

John
John I follow basically the same strategy except I'll normally make an early starting bid while the bidding is low so it stays on my bidding list, then I'll wait until the last 10 seconds to make my max bid of what I would be willing to pay for it. If it comes back that I was overbid by an automatic bid, I didn't want to pay more than that anyway.

Jim

I use an automatic sniping tool that bids my max bid with 5 sec left, nice thing abut that is if the item is ending at a time that I can't be in front of the computer.

I use an automatic sniping tool that bids my max bid with 5 sec left, nice thing abut that is if the item is ending at a time that I can't be in front of the computer.
This sounds like a really cool tool. What is the name of it? Years ago I saw a great car on eBay. This was before they had all the neat tools to make sure they're easily found. It took a kind of obsure search to find it. I was sure it would go for $25K plus so I didn't bother with it, not to mention I was not going to be home at the end. When I got home I looked it up out of curiosity and saw that the same $7111 bid I had seen earlier won it. I have been kicking myself for years!

John

John
That is the best strategy

My guess is 110,000 miles, all in Wisconsin. Looks like the cowl is gone as well as the radiator support and most of the engine sheet metal, most likely the floors, trunk, frame rails..... I think he should have taken the 30K... and ran!

The problem with this is that I usually snipe within 2-3 secords of the auction ending.

Therefore, my manual snipe would beat your automatic snipe...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with this is that I usually snipe within 2-3 secords of the auction ending.

Therefore, my manual snipe would beat your automatic snipe...:D
Actually it would go to the highest bidder! :D

Yes, my Snipe bid still must beat the highest bid, but as I said, I put the max that I would be willing to pay in anyway, so if it got above that, I wasn't going to spend that much anyway.

The tool that I use is JBidwatcher, but there are several out there.

http://www.jbidwatcher.com/

That thing is rough looking and is going to need a good chunk of TLC before it is really worth the money. 30k and the reserve wasn't met. Another guy who thinks he has a chunk of gold. Being a car from Mass. the cancer has set in and is going to continue. Just like my car from upstate NY originally. They will rot just setting, unlike some of the cars I saw down in Texas that barely had a spec of rust on em. Sad it's just going to get worse setting like that.

I can see some mods were done to it also. I don't think an AM/FM 8-Track was available in 71.

Back