71 custom build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya baby!! That's the stuff right there.

Thanks guys your too kind ! I appreciate the compliments very much. Had to work on tail light panel today working around the new lights to get them symmetrical. Also mounted the master cylinder, tight fit, used a corvette style universal intended for most after market disc brake conversions with the nova booster all fit in real nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the first time I saw someone do something like this and actually like it. I'm really interested to see what it looks like when it's done!

I think this is the first time I saw someone do something like this and actually like it. I'm really interested to see what it looks like when it's done!
Thanks, it's for sure one of the most radical 71 mustang customs I've seen as well. I've had the vision to do this build since 1980. I've built custom hot rods for over 35 years. Also done many restorations on mustangs. This is my first radical mustang build. I'm very happy with it too so far.

image.pngHey guys, I figured I'd better make a post before you forget about me, lol. I got the rear end of the chassis all cleaned up, a couple weld repairs and under coated, been using flex seal, gave it a try, I really like the way it covers . Got the gas tank mounted, roll pan mounting brackets repaired and it mounted. Gas lid temp mounted to see how it looks.

image.jpegI have a couple pieces of stainless trim, I need help indentifying. I feel dumb asking but can anyone tell me possibly where these go? I took it apart but hmmmmm. Thanks

That car has a sexy butt Ray. I'm slow in progress over here but still moving. I'm excited to see more buddy.

I have a couple pieces of stainless trim, I need help indentifying. I feel dumb asking but can anyone tell me possibly where these go? I took it apart but hmmmmm. Thanks
There part of the weather strip channel that runs along the roof line. It screws to the lower a pillar above the dome light switch.

IMG_1888.JPG

So they are basically out of sight but hold weatherstrip, that's why I missed it, I've not gotten to weatherstripping yet. The cars been apart for most of 2 years now, my memory's fading , and don't know where there's one to look at in my area. I appreciate your response. Thanks Mike.

image.jpegGot a little work done on the dash. Mounted the heater controls, headlight & wiper switches and the cig lighter. Used all the original mustang parts with the light housing on the back.

Also got the indicator lights located. Time to disassemble to do the paint and leather upholstery.

Back