71 custom build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpegHey guys I've been distracted for a while. Got a few things done I can share. My brother gave me a new brake booster he had laying around but couldn't identify it. After a bit of research I figured out it was part of a disc brake conversion kit for a 65 nova .  I found the master to fit it and got it on the way from Speedway. I used a universal bracket kit and got the booster mounted. It's a 9" and fit perfect with the 4" body section. Got 1" clearance to the column and 1" clearance to the spring tower. I guess I'll have the only 71 mustang with a nova brake set up in it. That's called Low budget hot rodding. Here's a couple pics of that.

image.jpegThe end going to the pedal was different than the mustang so I cut the rod of the old mustang booster so I can thread it and connect it to the input rod with a coupling nut, lol had trouble locating a 3/8 24 coupling nut locally. So had to order one of those in too. 

Been doing finish body work too getting her down to 220. Still finding a few waves & wrinkles to fix and lots of blocking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep up the pace buddy. She's coming out nice and it will be great once it's over the paint hump and in assemble stage.

Keep up the pace buddy. She's coming out nice and it will be great once it's over the paint hump and in assemble stage.
I'm so ready to be moving on to that stage. All these little details take up so much time. Ive been moving slower than I hoped though, I keep going. Thanks for the encouragement. I moved my headlights inboard another inch while working on the details. Didn't get pics of that but it looks a little better. Still gotta clean up a little surface rust in cowl area. Won't be long now before I can shoot some primer. Also anxious to get working more on the dash and get it installed.

image.jpegDid some work on the dash. Made speedo & tach gauge pods remove able. Also got the center gauge section shaped up. Here's a few pics

image.jpegA couple pics for fun. Relationship between car and car hop hostess demonstrates how low its at right now and going lower with wheels and tires.

image.jpegThe roof of the car is at the girls waist see where that puts it against the juke box. Should give a good perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's low. Couldn't really judge it before but man that's low. Going to be nasty to see rip down the road

Thanks guys, ya slow service alright that waitress just stood there and stared at my ride all night, lol . Had to get my wife to make me supper. I'm having a little trouble bending this old body enough to climb in & out of it. Lol.

Great looking cluster buddy. Sweet hot rod

Back