• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted 71 Fuel Vapor Canister Cap

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don’t mind a non stock look you could put a little pod filter on it.

Mine is on the part that would have gone to the air cleaner

Attachments

• 4C44EC3C-1C55-4E88-90B4-F867FA79902C.jpeg
    4C44EC3C-1C55-4E88-90B4-F867FA79902C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
I’m sure Motorcity Mustang‘s has one, but if he doesn’t, I’m sure I have one at my place in Az. I’m in Ca for a week or so. PM me if you get desperate.

The vent cap for the fuel vapor, or "charcoal" canister similar to the pic below.....

View attachment 83438
Are you talking about where the clamp is,if so that connects to your air cleaner base with an emissions hose. That cap in the center is part of the canister. I had a time finding the hose . NPD had it. The fitting on the air cleaner base twists in. Most are gone . Mine cracked. I glued it to the housing

Are you talking about where the clamp is,if so that connects to your air cleaner base with an emissions hose. That cap in the center is part of the canister. I had a time finding the hose . NPD had it. The fitting on the air cleaner base twists in. Most are gone . Mine cracked. I glued it to the housing

Thanks. Yes, I am just looking for the plastic vent cap that is on top of the middle tube coming from the canister. I was hoping to not have to purchase a new canister to get one.

Thanks. Yes, I am just looking for the plastic vent cap that is on top of the middle tube coming from the canister. I was hoping to not have to purchase a new canister to get one.
I can sell you just the cap. Shoot me your zip code and I can figure pricing w/shipping.

A few questions about these canisters;

I've noticed that there is both a short and tall canister, will either work with our cars?

Does the charcoal ever get fowled/old and need replaced?

The tall canisters are for 73 Mustangs and the shorter canisters are for 71/72. You really can't replace the charcoal inside as it can't be opened. I have had canisters break inside and then they are junk (or just for looks). I am not an expert to be honest on the charcoal, so not sure if it lasts forever or for how long. Maybe someone on this forum would be able to answer that.

Latest posts

Back