72 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cacsmret

Reaction score
My Car
72 convertible; 250 ci; auto trans
Wifey wants to paint the car so she can use it in a parade; so before I can paint it, I have to repair the inner rocker panels and floor board. the right side is the worst, so I started there first. I've cut out the seat riser and the cover off of the rear torque box. I think I can salvage both; they're not too bad. The inner rocker, on the other hand is gone underneath the car.
2jaiz35.jpg
[/img]

+1 on the updates, keep em coming
The front torque box is rotted out, so I purchased a 70 convertible front torque box; it looks like it's wider than the 72 box. I'll post photos this weekend.

My lower pans where the convertible cross member mounts was wasted on mine when I restored it. I used repo 65-68 pans and adapted them until they matched the 71 car. It took about thirty minutes per pan, but it was well worth it. Just in case you need it.

The rockers on those convertibles rot from the inside out. So make sure you check both in detail and not assume that they are god because they look good on the outside.

If one has not rotten through cut it open and check.

You don't want to have a newly painted car rot on you after a year. Yeah, ask me about it. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back