72 headliner installation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustruck

Reaction score
My Car
1967 coupe, 1972 coupe 2000 F150, 1989 Airstream B190, 2005 coupe.
I have been struggling to get the headliner in correctly at the rear window for three days. I have install many headliners, but this one is eating My lunch.::(

+1 on rear window out to do it properly. I had a professional do it and it took him 3.5 hours and I had everything prepped and the back glass out. I watched him do it and it looked to be a real PITA. It was perfect when he was done so I didn't feel bad about paying him the $200. Chuck

I never had that problem

John

Years ago, I put a new headliner in my 73 Mach 1. I did it the "right way" originally, but the spray adhesive I used to attach the headliner material to the side panels came loose. I carefully cut the material away from the rear window seal, and reattached the material to the panels. When I reinstalled the panels, they did not tuck into place as they had before. This weekend I finally solved the problem by using some 1/16" thick black plastic strips 3/4" wide x 21" long. I tucked the strip into the rubber seal, leaving just a bit to hang over the panels and hold them in place. It looks like it was meant to be that way and is sure a lot easier than pulling out the rear window again!

Gary

Years ago, I put a new headliner in my 73 Mach 1. I did it the "right way" originally, but the spray adhesive I used to attach the headliner material to the side panels came loose. I carefully cut the material away from the rear window seal, and reattached the material to the panels. When I reinstalled the panels, they did not tuck into place as they had before. This weekend I finally solved the problem by using some 1/16" thick black plastic strips 3/4" wide x 21" long. I tucked the strip into the rubber seal, leaving just a bit to hang over the panels and hold them in place. It looks like it was meant to be that way and is sure a lot easier than pulling out the rear window again!

Gary
Gary, can you post a pic of this please?

Gary
Don, Vacation has made you soft, you know the proper response to this post:D

Gary
Don, Vacation has made you soft, you know the proper response to this post:D
:worthlesswithoutpics:

Back