72 Mach 1 Build Date

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpdj61

Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang mach 1
Hey Guys, new to the forum here. I am trying to figure out the build date of my 1972 mach 1. Some parts I am looking to order are based on whether the car was built prior to 7/72 or after 8/72. I have the vin which tells me the consecutive build number but no tag in the door. Anything I can look at on the car to indicate whether it is pre 7/72 or post 8/72?

Thanks guys

scott

Buy a Marti report and it will give you all of the dates you need. Ordered, constructed, delivered,ect. Not to mention it's great history and documentation to have. Good luck.

OK, thanks for that link. I just ordered a Marti Report. I can't wait to see it.

scott

I think you will be pleased upon receipt of your "Marti" Report, Scott!

When you get the opportunity, how about starting a thread on the "Introduction Forum" so that we can properly "welcome" you to our community.

BT

oohh yes...i think every mustang should have a marti report if they can....deluxe is about 50 bucks...and if you pay a little extra you can get the sheet from the elite for a break down of how many of your car was made.....with out paying the elite price.....but dont get just the 19 dollar report if you can...it wil just lead you too wanting more...most of what is in the 19 dollar report you can figure out your self...but the deluxe and elite have information that only marti and ford know about your car...and i hope you post it!! ..like seeing what comes out of marti reports.

Hey guys, the Marti Report is here and my 72 mach 1 was built in November of 71. The biggest surprise for me was that the original color was Light Pewter Metallic Paint. The car is currently red. I am going to post the report over in the Marti Report section when I get a moment.

scott

Sounds GREAT, Scott!

I imagine you could hardly wait for that bad boy to arrive, huh?

BT
You have no idea. Well, you probably do since you own a mustang too.

Scott

Are you going to paint it back to it's original color??? Light Pewter is a nice shade of silver. Can you see any silver paint anywhere on the car: trunk, door jams, interior areas?

I started kicking that idea around. I love the red on that car though. The paint job is really nice, no traces of the original color anywhere. I was planning on doing some paint work myself on it in a few spots were some rust started to show through but hadn't planned on doing the whole car. It is an option, and one that I am considering. I will post some photos of the car when I get it back on the road. I am doing some brake work with it now and it has been sitting up in the air off of its 4 hoofs for a while now.

scott

Back