7265 intake to head gasket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71/351c/darkhorse

Reaction score
My Car
i have a 1971 grande coupe with a 351 Cleveland 2 barrel motor. she was half way fixed up now looking to do the rest.
hey guys real stupid question. im putting on a edelbrock 2750 intake. On the edelbrock 7265 head to intake gasket it has black stripe, what looks like silicone, around the port areas. does that go on the head side or the intake side?

should i keep the pan on??

Don't use the pan with those gaskets. You can trim the gasket surfaces of the pan off, just leave tabs where the bolt holes are, and drill a few drain holes in the pan, if you want to use it as a splash shield to keep hot oil off the intake manifold.

well for some reason the gaskets i have are blocking one of the passages on each side. its not a port i dont think. its in between cyl 2-3 and 6-7. is it ok to block off or did they give me the wrong gasket set?

Those are for the exhaust crossover and feed for the EGR valve and are blocked off, unless you are using the EGR, or the manifold mounted choke stove/heater.

Last edited by a moderator:
no i am not. thank you for the help now i can finish up.

Back