• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

73 302ci Distributor Shaft Bushings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piper62j

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q-Code Mach 1. Full restoration in progress.
Anyone have, or know where to buy distributor shaft bushings for a 73 302 ci single diaphragm distributor? I believe they are all the same, but not sure.

Those bushings are about elusive as unicorn horns. I know they are out there for the rebuilders, but parts sources for them are protected like the Crown Jewels. Your 73 302 should have a single upper bushing. Ford actually used upper and lower bushings through 1969. Ford said the lower bushing was not necessary, while others said it was just a cost saving move. Very few were ever sold at the dealer/shop level. It was cheaper to install a rebuilt distributor with a better warranty than to incur the cost of shop labor hours plus the cost of the part.

The part you need is B8QH-12120-A and is of course long discontinued from Ford. There is a site http://www.rearcounter.com/B8QH-12120-A-parts181898.html that post parts for different company's. I would try Dennis Carpenter first and let them know where you found the listing. Hopefully they can help you as they are pretty deep into Ford's and restoration parts. Good luck!!

Those bushings are about elusive as unicorn horns. I know they are out there for the rebuilders, but parts sources for them are protected like the Crown Jewels. Your 73 302 should have a single upper bushing. Ford actually used upper and lower bushings through 1969. Ford said the lower bushing was not necessary, while others said it was just a cost saving move. Very few were ever sold at the dealer/shop level. It was cheaper to install a rebuilt distributor with a better warranty than to incur the cost of shop labor hours plus the cost of the part.

The part you need is B8QH-12120-A and is of course long discontinued from Ford. There is a site http://www.rearcounter.com/B8QH-12120-A-parts181898.html that post parts for different company's. I would try Dennis Carpenter first and let them know where you found the listing. Hopefully they can help you as they are pretty deep into Ford's and restoration parts. Good luck!!
Thank you my USAF brother..

Back