73 Mach 1 on BaT

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty nice looking '73. It's a shame the aftermarket undercoating is slathered on as thick as it is....undoubtedly hiding some rusty sections.
But that's what they did back in the day....!

Pretty nice looking '73. It's a shame the aftermarket undercoating is slathered on as thick as it is....undoubtedly hiding some rusty sections.
But that's what they did back in the day....!
I second the concern re: heavily applied undercoating. I am fine with undercoating, but it does make it harder to quickly or easily ascertain the true condition of the underlying metal.

That said, other than a question mark re: undercarriage condition (which does not have any indication of heavy rusting, but it is still best to further investigate), it is a very nice looking Mustang. If you plan to beef up the engine you may want to do the same for the tranny. It is a c4, which is nice tranny, but when they get a bit too much poweer sent through them a few too many times they tend to not continue to work well.

Depending on where it will be after the sale the new owner may want to add A/C. We added Classic A/C to both our 73 Mustangs and savee very pleased with how well they work.

Last edited:
I second the concern re: heavily applied undercoating. I am fine with undercoating, but it does make it harder to quickly or easily ascertain the true condition of the underlying metal.

That said, other than a question mark re: undercarriage condition (which does not have any indication of heavy rusting, but it is still best to further investigate), it is a very nice looking Mustang. If you plan to beef up the engine you may want to do the same for the tranny. It is a c4, which is nice tranny, but when they get a bit too much poweer sent through them a few too many times they tend to not continue to work well.

Depending on where it will be after the sale the new owner may want to add A/C. We added Classic A/C to both our 73 Mustangs and savee very pleased with how well they work.
That little c4 will take a pounding. Mine has been through 3 different motors in my car and I still shifting great. Started on a stockish 302. Then 400+ho 351c build. Then onto the 408 Stroker with near 600hp. Those little c4 are stout.

It looks like an FMX in the photos. The Marti report states FMX also.

The car sold for $26,500. Maybe the new owner will show up here and let us know about the car.

Back