73 Mach 1 sun roof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from west Michigan. One question, do you like the sunroof or not? It looks like a decent installation and it doesn't leak,...
It nice! I think Ill keep our for now.. I just don't want to take it to a show and grt criticize having a sunroof on it

Hello CHIEFER69,

I will repeat..it's your car, do what floats your boat. Personally I'm good with anything until one starts talking about Chevy power in one. This is a FORD Mustang site and I come from a Ford family so no apologies. We have also discussed that this is not a modified Boss or 429 car which I consider the Cream De la Creme of our 71-73's.   

There will always be the car show expert with his admiring brigade of followers who will stand in awe as he bestows his supreme knowledge of all things automotive. Back when I was actively showing my car, I had my fair amount of encounters with the experts. I have been told (along with all the things that were wrong with my car) that all 71-73's were Mach 1's, they were all big blocks, they were all 351 W's (the 351C was a special order), the Boss 302 was available in all years, my urethane bumper was wrong (should be chrome),  and that the Pewter color was not offered on my 71 and was therefore incorrect. (The color code V on my door label must of been a misprint).

Do what you feel is right for what you want from your car as you strive to get your Mustang fix and don't worry about the "Experts"!   🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an aftermarket Power ASC Sunroof on my 73 Mach I. This is one of the reasons I bought it, besides the 21 or so options including Q code 4sp power windows, AC etc. and originally sold and lived in Beverly Hills Ca.. Keep the sunroof as it is a better story than a replaced roof and makes your car more unique. Some cars are better restored to an era in their history than factory. If people complain about it, it is about them more than your car. Plenty of non sunroof Q Mach's to go around. Be unique. Be confident your car is better than those dark inside cars. Your car will be more original with most of your original roof still intact. Don't erase that. In College had a 71 Boss with a sunroof like yours and loved it and I currently have two Mark 1V's with ASC sunroof's and an ASC McLaren. Some of us like quality changes like ASC did. As far as I know all "Factory" sunroof cars were sent to ASC for conversion so not really "factory". Yours looks like an ASC Sunroof, just added sometime after the Marti report unlike "factory" cars which were on the Marti. You have the best of both worlds since they didn't make a Mach 1 convertible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg,

Any chance you have pics of your sunroof?

Greg,

Any chance you have pics of your sunroof?
Here are a few pics of my dusty 73 Mach in slumber. Pics also of ASC sticker in drivers jam and ASC paperwork

P1010003 (1).JPG

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006 (1).JPG

P1010010 (1).JPG

P1010008.JPG

Thanks! That is a nice sunroof.

Back