73 mach1 hub cap question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepasquale1

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Mach 1
$(KGrHqF,!o8E63YcC(sRBO4YLY!3y!~~60_58.jpg

I know there were a few different options as far as wheels/hubcaps goes for the 73 mach1

Were these hubcaps an option for 73 mach's?

Those appear to be in very good shape. My car originaly came with the Sport Wheel covers like you have there. It was a $43 dollar option. Are looking to use those? I have been looking for good show quality ones for months. Be aware that they came in different sizes and colors. There is a 15" wheel cover and a 14" cover. The 14" covers came in both a deep and a shallow. For 71-73 with a 14" wheel you will need the shallow cover. They also changed the color of the center section from the dark gray in 70' to a light gray (argent) for 71' and later. Just so you also know the center cap is not available reproduced and it is different from the cap used on the magnums. Probably more information than you wanted or needed, but like I said I have been lookng for months.

I have the plastic part of the center cap

Item #D0ZZ-1130-E/SET

70-73 SIMULATED WHEEL CENTER EMBLEM SET

Replacement center emblems for simulated mag wheel hub caps. Set of four.

Price: $48.95

Narrow ones are for standard 6 inch wide wheels

Wider ones were used on 7 inch wheels with competition suspension option

Don,

How do you remove the plastic portion from the cap? I may be looking to include these in my pending order list to you. I have a short list now that will get longer when the car comes home in a few weeks.

Hey Mike, Here is a pic of my car when I first got it with the hubcaps on it that I was telling you about. Not a great pic but gives you an idea.

dqp4zr.jpg

It may be the light in the picture, but the spokes look like a darker paint than the originals. Could be someone painted them. Here is a picure of the ones I use to have on my 73.

DSCF8167.jpg

Back